BM3 CustomROM is Ready!

Nico

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
My DME is with Euro Performance Center in Finland right now for the CustomROM with Femto. Hopefully should be hearing back from them soon about it being shipped to me.

Total cost charged to me was: 2,344.00 - Service + BM3 License + Shipping.

Dont forget you need also ENET cable to connect to BM3 Software from your PC, or you can buy the new BootMod3 WiFi Adapter. Its either these two methods or nothing else - no other OBDII Adapter works.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V3C47YD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.protuningfreaks.com/col...ootmod3-bm3-wireless-obdii-wifi-flash-adapter

Okay, I was CLEARLY misunderstanding a lot of the breadcrumb information out there. So my understand now is (hearing back from FEMTO), and maybe to make it more clear for others...

FEMTO Unlock (flat rate for Mk5) = ~$800 (750 eur)
Bm3 Supra Tune (License) = $595
Shipping by DHL (based on quote) = $190-$250
BM3 v3 Wifi Adapter (QoL; not required) = $100

Total to unlock ~ $1600-1750 or $1800-2000 w/ return shipping??

Then I am assuming they invoice you for shipping back to your house, so another $200-250??

Didn't add flex fuel kit here as that is a bit subjective on what people want, but seems like this is it, unless I am missing something?

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Okay, I was CLEARLY misunderstanding a lot of the breadcrumb information out there. So my understand now is (hearing back from FEMTO), and maybe to make it more clear for others...

FEMTO Unlock (flat rate for Mk5) = ~$800 (750 eur)
Bm3 Supra Tune (License) = $595
Shipping by DHL (based on quote) = $190-$250
BM3 v3 Wifi Adapter (QoL; not required) = $100

Total to unlock ~ $1600-1750 or $1800-2000 w/ return shipping??

Then I am assuming they invoice you for shipping back to your house, so another $200-250??

Didn't add flex fuel kit here as that is a bit subjective on what people want, but seems like this is it, unless I am missing something?

That sounds about right from what I have seen. You could add the expanded OTS Map pack that BM3 adds for like 50 bux more or so.

The big thing is that EPC hand delivers your item to Femto and flies back - you are paying for their time and service.

You can't insure your DME/ECU when you send it because then when it reaches customs at Finland they see its worth XXX dollars and they will want Femto to pay duties - which they won't do.

If you DME is lost/destroyed - you will then be paying to have your car probably towed to a dealer, get a DME from Toyota and then have to pay to have it programmed. Which I bet would be probably 4-5k all together.

Reactions: zrk

Nico

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
That sounds about right from what I have seen. You could add the expanded OTS Map pack that BM3 adds for like 50 bux more or so.

The big thing is that EPC hand delivers your item to Femto and flies back - you are paying for their time and service.

You can't insure your DME/ECU when you send it because then when it reaches customs at Finland they see its worth XXX dollars and they will want Femto to pay duties - which they won't do.

If you DME is lost/destroyed - you will then be paying to have your car probably towed to a dealer, get a DME from Toyota and then have to pay to have it programmed. Which I bet would be probably 4-5k all together.

For sure, all good points. Not arguing the benefits of the delivery. Only my surprise at the lack of an actual breakdown of cost and that it was easy to find out with a little digging and messaging here and there LOL

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Can we disable cold start with BM3 ?

Eastwood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 MT - Stratosphere.
Yes, the CVN number will change when any changes are made. You modify one table, CVN changes, modify another, CVN changes.

There are ways to force a CVN that never changes but I wouldn't know anything about that. ;)
So then flashing to the stock MAP would also leave the CVN alone, making it a clean ECU read for CARB?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Curious, why would you want to do that?
If you've removed a cat there's literally no point- so disabling the super annoying sound is a huge plus.

If you have cams or a built engine, you pretty much have to remove it if you ever want the car to start.

Reactions: D K

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Curious, why would you want to do that?
For me... It's just about being a thoughtful neighbor.. I have no problems making all the noises after I leave my neighborhood

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
How does a BM3 OTS map compare to a BM3 pro tune from sameh for example in terms of performance and reliability?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
If you've removed a cat there's literally no point- so disabling the super annoying sound is a huge plus.

If you have cams or a built engine, you pretty much have to remove it if you ever want the car to start.
I despise my cold start, it is one of the reasons I switched to the FI exhaust, because it is so quiet with valves closed, everything else the cold start was too much, great exhausts, but cold start was just anti-social. I wish it did not require tuning, turned it off day 1 on my 2020

Reactions: zrk

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
I despise my cold start, it is one of the reasons I switched to the FI exhaust, because it is so quiet with valves closed, everything else the cold start was too much, great exhausts, but cold start was just anti-social. I wish it did not require tuning, turned it off day 1 on my 2020
Does disabling the cold start hurt anything on the car??? I feel bad waking up the townhome every time i start the car lol
Sponsored