Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Some interesting updates to OTS users on BM3:
Version 2.5

August 22, 2023:

GEN2 B58 OTS map update

Various changes have been done to our new OTS maps for the B58 gen2.

This includes the intercooler pump is more active over stock, vanos changes to provide more power in the midrange and topend.

Burble activation has been fixed for mild hybrid cars, due to newly introduced limiters and activation switches for the mild hybrid cars, this was not present in our old version of OTS maps.

Moreover, a boost pressure plausability code would show up on mild hybrid cars as well, this has now been addressed.

Map notes:

- Vanos optimised
- Torque limitation fix
- Burble fixed for mild hybrid
- Boost pressure plausability fix
Sponsored

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
@zrk
Vanos adjustments?
Would that be valve timing or cam/valve adjustments? As in lift and duration on the cam profile?

P.S. Sorry to pull you in again unannounced, lol

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
@zrk
Vanos adjustments?
Would that be valve timing or cam/valve adjustments? As in lift and duration on the cam profile?

P.S. Sorry to pull you in again unannounced, lol
Yeah, it's gotta be some updates to cam control. Not sure what exactly they've changed, obviously.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
I wonder if these updates are something someone working with a custom tuner would want to consider mentioning to their tuner... For instance, I'm currently working with Sameh on a custom tune.. wonder if whatever they did with the vanos is something he should be aware of to pull in.. or if that area would already be something he's been tweaking. 🤔

EDIT - Sameh just told me he already does these things in his tunes 👍👍

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I wonder if these updates are something someone working with a custom tuner would want to consider mentioning to their tuner... For instance, I'm currently working with Sameh on a custom tune.. wonder if whatever they did with the vanos is something he should be aware of to pull in.. or if that area would already be something he's been tweaking. 🤔

EDIT - Sameh just told me he already does these things in his tunes 👍👍
Any good tuner should be doing that. I also have a Sameh tune. Good luck getting him to respond to anything after a couple revisions.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Any good tuner should be doing that. I also have a Sameh tune. Good luck getting him to respond to anything after a couple revisions.
Screenshot_20230822-195937.png

He's got another one on the way soon after we chatted today..

I completely agree that communication frequency is not ideal.. but it did improve significantly after I was told I should use Instagram to communicate with him.. if you aren't using that, please do.. when I did it via email it went into a black hole.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Screenshot_20230822-195937.png

He's got another one on the way soon after we chatted today..

I completely agree that communication frequency is not ideal.. but it did improve significantly after I was told I should use Instagram to communicate with him.. if you aren't using that, please do.. when I did it via email it went into a black hole.
He told me the opposite lol. Email not insta. That said he was overall accommodating with my needs and wants.

FluffyMangoes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra 3.0
i was in between sam and paul. emailed both before purchasing and only one emailed back 💀not sam

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
So, 10 pages of info that I skipped, don’t shoot me. My ECU is on its way to FEMTO tomorrow. I am using BM3. Will my ECU automatically be loaded with customrom?

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Eh someone else bumped it not me. Do we know if you can pass smog after installing bm3 through femto? I see that this was discussed a bit earlier in the thread without a conclusion.

Possibility 1: Reflash back to stock

Issue: Does everything go back to as is or it gets picked up by the state smog machine? Also do you retain femto unlock?

Possibility 2, get a second post 202 locked ecu, clone stock to it, unlock and get bm3 on the cloned one at femto, leave stock untouched.

Issue: Vehicle detects that milage does match after stock is reinstalled and throws a code…not sure what happens after.

I don’t have a montana/arizona address. Even with that CA is cracking down on Montana registrations as its common to see 10 500k+ exotic cars at Newport Beach in one day all with Montana plates.

Dr. Supra

First Name
Danyoll
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
Eh someone else bumped it not me. Do we know if you can pass smog after installing bm3 through femto? I see that this was discussed a bit earlier in the thread without a conclusion.

Issue: Does everything go back to as is or it gets picked up by the state smog machine? Also do you retain femto unlock?

Possibility 2, get a second post 202 locked ecu, clone stock to it, unlock and get bm3 on the cloned one at femto, leave stock untouched.

Issue: Vehicle detects that milage does match after stock is reinstalled and throws a code…not sure what happens after. .

I don’t have a montana/arizona address. Even with that CA is cracking down on Montana registrations as its common to see 10 500k+ exotic cars at Newport Beach in one day all with Montana plates.
What's the point when your state has emissions? Just keep it stock or get out of the car scene simple.

dn00

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI, A90

Issue: Vehicle detects that milage does match after stock is reinstalled and throws a code…not sure what happens after.

With a cloned dme, can't you reflash back to stock, relock, do 100-200 miles emissions sensor learning drive, pass smog check, pay 200-400 for bench unlock (or buy the tools to do it yourself), reflash bm3? The cloned dme does not have post-june 2020 security so it should be bench unlockable. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Or

Use femto unlocked stock dme, spend the next 5-7 years to find a clonable dme for $300-500 (plenty of time, but a lot of effort), clone it, do the above.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Even with that CA is cracking down on Montana registrations as its common to see 10 500k+ exotic cars at Newport Beach in one day all with Montana plates.

whoa, i always figured a service like this existed, but the price is not unreasonable to never have to deal with emissions again. hell, the price to spin up a MT LLC for your car is less than an AA downpipe...

https://1dollarmontana.com/

How much does it cost to register a vehicle in MT:
$849, THAT'S IT! Our process is straightforward:

1. We file your Montana LLC.
  2. We register your vehicle in your Montana LLC.
  3. We overnight your plates and registration back to you.