OP
OP
30MilesOffshore

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Update: The warning now pops up every time I start driving. I just spent 4hrs at the dealer for a diagnosis today. They said they will need to replace the camera at the rearview mirror. Estimated part cost = $5,000. Good thing for warranty! Part is on backorder so will have an update in the next week or two.
Sponsored

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Update: The warning now pops up every time I start driving. I just spent 4hrs at the dealer for a diagnosis today. They said they will need to replace the camera at the rearview mirror. Estimated part cost = $5,000. Good thing for warranty! Part is on backorder so will have an update in the next week or two.
Good stuff! :thumbsup: Hopefully that will solve the issue. Everything is on back order now a days. I had to deal with waiting on a part for 2 months. Hopefully you don't wait that long.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Something similar popped up today but mine was for blind spot monitoring ("BSM")... I turned BSM off because the warning was annoying but would like to see if this is fixable - are we able to reset the system via some sort of function in the iDrive?

OP, was the issue ever resolved for you - I see that the dealer was possibly ordering parts for you but I am imagine BSM isn't routed through the front camera so probably isn't exactly the same issue.

Edit* looked through the owner's manual and found which sensors are used by BSM. Cleaned them.. fingers crossed for the next drive. The only thing I was thinking of before was I was washing the car before the car popped a warning, maybe somehow that messed them up (but then what about heavy rain). TBC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
30MilesOffshore

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
They had to replace the front camera located in the middle of the front windshield. After it was replaced they have to do a calibration to it. I had to go back three times for them to get it calibrated and adjusted properly for it to work. They had to get Toyota on the line and do walk-thru's to get it figured out. They even had to flash all the computer software car. Kind of annoying but it is all fixed now without any issues.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Damn.. I’m guessing they never figured out why it happened in the first place?

OP
OP
30MilesOffshore

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
They couldn't figure out what was the root cause that made it go out. They think it just shorted and crapped out and had to be replaced. It's actually only been about 3 weeks now since it was fixed 100%. It was a long process getting it taken care of.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Gotcha, glad they ended up fixing everything though.

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
My 2021 3.0 Premium did the same thing. I had between 7 and 9 warning messages popping up every time I started up the car and it would reduce power steering assist & the locking of the rear diff. Eventually the EPS (electric power steering) went out completely and I had to have it towed in for service.

The dealer claimed to clear the codes by flashing it with the latest software but they couldn’t get the EPS to communicate with the car and had to replace the EPS rack entirely.

just picked it up yesterday and it seems to be driving fine. Fingers crossed!
3578F3FC-08B8-498C-A9E9-82D6525D8714.jpeg
AF2FE6C7-5F78-4269-834C-C39F36F304B3.jpeg

LagoMKV

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy Cobolt
My 2021 3.0 Premium did the same thing. I had between 7 and 9 warning messages popping up every time I started up the car and it would reduce power steering assist & the locking of the rear diff. Eventually the EPS (electric power steering) went out completely and I had to have it towed in for service.

The dealer claimed to clear the codes by flashing it with the latest software but they couldn’t get the EPS to communicate with the car and had to replace the EPS rack entirely.

just picked it up yesterday and it seems to be driving fine. Fingers crossed!
3578F3FC-08B8-498C-A9E9-82D6525D8714.jpeg
AF2FE6C7-5F78-4269-834C-C39F36F304B3.jpeg
Hey man, just checking in on how your issue went. Did everything go ok after being flashed

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Hey man, just checking in on how your issue went. Did everything go ok after being flashed
Problem solved!

The issue happened in January when I owned the car for ~1.5 months and 1,500 miles. Six months and 5,000 miles have passed since then with no recurrence of the issue.

I got a chance to speak with the Supra tech at my dealership recently…He said he hasn’t seen the safety system issue often but a reset of the computer typically solves it and none of the Supra’s he’s reset have returned with the same issue.

He also said my steering rack is the only Supra rack he’s had to replace (it was unrelated to the safety system issue).

I’ve been more than happy with the car’s reliability since the reset. Not to mention the fact that I think it’s fun when I park at a meet and it gets a lot of attention.

EC7CA1CE-D353-452E-8ECB-8D483AA3FE77.jpeg

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
I have this exact issue. Started to be random, now its a dozen times during my drive to work.
Scheduled with Toyota on Monday. FML.

Joerock478

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2019 STI
I have this exact issue. Started to be random, now its a dozen times during my drive to work.
Scheduled with Toyota on Monday. FML.
Had similar issue, any mods done. Mine was my ground wire from the flex kit got lose causing a bunch of issues. Had cross traffic warning constantly going off. Was also causing a check engine light for the can bus communication failure.

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2018 Vette Grand Sport
I've had this issue for a while now. The car is lowered, a carbon roof, and some aero. I wonder if it's the lowering springs. Anyone been able to narrow it down?

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
Had similar issue, any mods done. Mine was my ground wire from the flex kit got lose causing a bunch of issues. Had cross traffic warning constantly going off. Was also causing a check engine light for the can bus communication failure.
Intake, exhaust, HKS springs & an MHD tune. Started intermittently, and then it started happening every 15 seconds after a couple weeks.

But I didn't get the fault messages the OP did. When I click "affected systems," it tells me everything is okay. No codes.

IMG_0121.JPG

I dropped it off at Toyota yesterday, and they called me today asking about my tune so I'm about to get that "we've voided your warranty" phone call, lol.

But this issue didn't start happening until after I was in an accident that involved replacing the front bumper. So if Toyota won't cover it, my insurance company will

IMG_6979.JPG

Update *** Dealership said it's a front sensor, ordered it from Germany, and will be here in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2018 Vette Grand Sport
Intake, exhaust, HKS springs & an MHD tune. Started intermittently, and then it started happening every 15 seconds after a couple weeks.

But I didn't get the fault messages the OP did. When I click "affected systems," it tells me everything is okay. No codes.

IMG_0121.JPG

I dropped it off at Toyota yesterday, and they called me today asking about my tune so I'm about to get that "we've voided your warranty" phone call, lol.

But this issue didn't start happening until after I was in an accident that involved replacing the front bumper. So if Toyota won't cover it, my insurance company will

IMG_6979.JPG

Update *** Dealership said it's a front sensor, ordered it from Germany, and will be here in 3 weeks.
Sorry about the accident hope you get resolved smoothly. Please lets us know if that sensor fixes it.
Sponsored