Remnant Performance OMEGA 65 Turbo Kit

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
This is my car that was featured at CES. If anyone has any questions, i'm happy to answer. I've only got two drives down so far, i'm sure there will be some kinks to work out.
Plate Theif.

Alec-RemnantPerformance

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR 3.0 | 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8T
Hey Everyone, here is a cheat sheet for the wastegate to help dial it in.

IMG_2029.jpeg

a90fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 3.0 Premium
looks like it should fit 🤗

IMG_2606.png
IMG_2605.png
Tried out the Funk Motorsports turbo blanket and the springs interfere with the EWG actuator (video attached). This may not affect the EWG, however preferably would want a blanket that had zero interference. Anyhow, just wanted to give the Supra community 🤗 a heads up 🤜

@Alec-RemnantPerformance would be awesome 🔥if we get an official Remnant turbo blanket 🤞that could accommodate the actuator 🙏 The blankets do a much better job containing heat vs. heat shield.

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
Maybe a dumb question but what about cooling the turbo? The blanket I would think would keep it hotter by not letting air circulate around it. The heat shield would be to protect other components from the heat of the turbo but what about the turbo? Asking for a friend. Ok its me.....

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
Maybe a dumb question but what about cooling the turbo? The blanket I would think would keep it hotter by not letting air circulate around it. The heat shield would be to protect other components from the heat of the turbo but what about the turbo? Asking for a friend. Ok its me.....
Anyone with more knowledge feel free to pitch in or correct me, but typically you want to contain the heat to keep the velocity and energy of the flow as high as possible. The materials can withstand the temps so keeping it hot means better efficiency and spool. Obviously while still being within what the expected operating temps should be. The core/rotating assembly is cooled cuz the bearings and oil can't get too hot and you want to have something that prevents too much heat from getting to the compressor side.

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
Tried out the Funk Motorsports turbo blanket and the springs interfere with the EWG actuator (video attached). This may not affect the EWG, however preferably would want a blanket that had zero interference. Anyhow, just wanted to give the Supra community 🤗 a heads up 🤜

@Alec-RemnantPerformance would be awesome 🔥if we get an official Remnant turbo blanket 🤞that could accommodate the actuator 🙏 The blankets do a much better job containing heat vs. heat shield.
I wonder if you could use wire instead to give you the clearance you need or go a bit under the actuator without rubbing. Maybe even making a loop that goes to the DP clamp then back to the blanket.

Alec-RemnantPerformance

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR 3.0 | 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8T

I honestly say that if you are concerned with heat staying in the turbine housing / exhaust manifold, the best thing would be ceramic coating in this case. You won't have any possible clearance issues. I know it would do a much better job than this blanket is attempting to do. As for ceramic coating, I thought briefly about getting it done here and then sent out. The company we were looking at using though stays way too busy and would have resulted in extreme wait times.

That said, we are doing very well without it as well. The included intake is doing an awesome job of getting consistently cool air to the turbo for repeated high performance. We have been able to do back to back 9.X 1/4 mile runs at the track with not a single issue and IATs kept well in check by the GAMMA system.
Sponsored