First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
It’s been one week since I got my car but lucky me I have a nail in the rear tire at spot where it’s unsafe to patch.

Before I go out and drop the cash on a brand new PSS my friend has a used PS4S in the exact spec. If I were to have Mis match rear tires will I feel a difference? From my research both tires are very similar so I figured I might be able to pull it off.

If not, I’ll just get the PSS

F7C7C749-B977-4EDC-8612-CB7F48089C62.jpeg
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Sucks, sorry to see.

While driving normally you probably won't notice a difference, but high torque situation and wet/cold roads you most-likely will especially it is on the driving tire.

I would just get a new rear tire since your car is brand new. One suggestion is (if you already know this, ignore) be sure to take the wheel to a shop that has a touchless mounter. Otherwise the shop will mark up the wheel. I usually just roll the wheel in by itself because some shops will also mark up the lug bores with their impact gun.

Honestly though, that nail is on the inside of the shoulder.. probably fine with just a plug at home (or patch from your tireshop). I've plugged plenty of tires at home with no issue for street use. GL with whatever you decide.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I'd first try to patch that, If the patch won't work, i'd just get 1 new tire. $400 for 1 tire isn't major in the grand scheme of things after buying a $60k car.

OP
OP
Powaup

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
After doing some more digging, doesnt seem like its worth the hassle but damn the one tire has to be shipped from Georgia so my car is out of commission for 2 weeks

Last edited:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Have you checked with your local tire store? They will usually patch a tire at no cost per manufacture's warranty. You just pay a tip if you like.

Even if they charged you it shouldn't cost any more than $25-30.
Be sure they have a touchless mounter and RoadForce balancer.

OP
OP
Powaup

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Have you checked with your local tire store? They will usually patch a tire at no cost per manufacture's warranty. You just pay a tip if you like.

Even if they charged you it shouldn't cost any more than $25-30.
Be sure they have a touchless mounter and RoadForce balancer.
Too close to sidewall. Can’t be patched

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
Best if you replace at least 2 at a time. Then just keep the other PSS as spare.

This way at least you could put them both as your front or rear tires (If you only have that option)

***Mention You Are From The Forum For The Best Deals***
Check Out The*All NEW BD-F25

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: [email protected]

Click here and visit our pages
IG: @BDWheels
FB:
/BlaqueDiamondWheels

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I don't recommend mixing tires for performance car like this. for a daily, may be... since I know I'll be on granny mode on the road.

I had nail screwed in just after few days after getting it. - only time regretted not getting tire warranty - And that was even closer to the side wall than yours. I plugged it and it works fine for street driving and hasn't leaked. however, I did get separate pair for track purpose. I strongly recommend against taking any plugged/patched tire no matter how it was done.

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
I'm actually in the exact same boat as the OP. Got a fat nail in my rear passenger tire and it's too close to side wall to be plugged. My supra is on on Michelin Pilot Super Sport now.
Would it be ok if I replace both back tires to just Michelin Pilot Sport? and then finish off the front two when winter is over?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I'm actually in the exact same boat as the OP. Got a fat nail in my rear passenger tire and it's too close to side wall to be plugged. My supra is on on Michelin Pilot Super Sport now.
Would it be ok if I replace both back tires to just Michelin Pilot Sport? and then finish off the front two when winter is over?
fine as for as daily use.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
2 weeks to get a tire... oooff
Where did you buy the tire? Also for what price? I got two brand new rear tires 295/35/19 for 330$ each MPSS, from tirerack.com and they shipped it to a local tire shop within 5 days. I'm just surprised it seems like its taking so long for you.

OP
OP
Powaup

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Where did you buy the tire? Also for what price? I got two brand new rear tires 295/35/19 for 330$ each MPSS, from tirerack.com and they shipped it to a local tire shop within 5 days. I'm just surprised it seems like its taking so long for you.
Very hard to locate at that particular time and then FedEx fumbled my order so I hat to wait until after the weekend, ended up going to a local shop, WD Garage
Sponsored