Replacing Gr Supra Gauge (Instrument Cluster)

KKP_Jay Phantom

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Karbonkings.com
Car(s)
'21 A91 - '21 Corolla H - '06 Sentra Spec-V
Im here for the "dealer unlock". How will you know? Also, what other reason can i use to get the update and potentially benefit? I have to go in over the winter for a wiper motor replacement. Waiting until its super cold and i wouldnt want to drive the car anyway in case it takes them months to get one.

OP
OP
Nadaclosefriend

Nadaclosefriend

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Im here for the "dealer unlock". How will you know? Also, what other reason can i use to get the update and potentially benefit? I have to go in over the winter for a wiper motor replacement. Waiting until its super cold and i wouldnt want to drive the car anyway in case it takes them months to get one.
I would assume taking it to a tuner to test it before flashing. The dealer could tell me anything and the supra service tech may not even 100% know. Only sure way is to take it to a tuner and simply ask them to hook their stuff up to see. Iā€™ll update along the way.

OP
OP
Nadaclosefriend

Nadaclosefriend

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would assume taking it to a tuner to test it before flashing. The dealer could tell me anything and the supra service tech may not even 100% know. Only sure way is to take it to a tuner and simply ask them to hook their stuff up to see. Iā€™ll update along the way.
Also, Iā€™ll ask my service rep how he would advise other owners to come in for an update to unlock if this is actually legit.

3rdDegreeNinja

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra A91-CF Edition
Yeah Iā€™m curious about the unlock as well. Iā€™m a little doubtful about the unlock but not ruling it out completely and optimistic. Thank you for keeping us updated.

OP
OP
Nadaclosefriend

Nadaclosefriend

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah Iā€™m curious about the unlock as well. Iā€™m a little doubtful about the unlock but not ruling it out completely and optimistic. Thank you for keeping us updated.
For sure, gotta look outšŸ‘€. They just got the updated software and their tech will be in tomorrow to install so I can finally get the car back after 3 weeks of driving their rental.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
According to my toyota service manager that said the local field tech told him this. The update isnā€™t out but they may push me a specific update for this cluster and I would assume they would release a new one for all supras. Definitely a nice feature to unlock the ecu for free.
wait now Iā€™m more confused. Thereā€™s an update for MY23s.. from Toyota that unlocks our ECUs? Did I miss something?

OP
OP
Nadaclosefriend

Nadaclosefriend

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
wait now Iā€™m more confused. Thereā€™s an update for MY23s.. from Toyota that unlocks our ECUs? Did I miss something?
Not exactly, you getting this info direct from the SOURCE lol. This new information only came about my gauge cluster being more updated than the 23 model itself. They had to release the update file directly to my toyotaā€™s service field tech in order for the cluster to be programmed. It can only work if the entire vehicle is updated.
Iā€™ll ask how this is applicable to other vehicle variants. This may possibly be something they did directly for my vin specs, or could be universal. Iā€™ll update as soon as I know more.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Not exactly, you getting this info direct from the SOURCE lol. This new information only came about my gauge cluster being more updated than the 23 model itself. They had to release the update file directly to my toyotaā€™s service field tech in order for the cluster to be programmed. It can only work if the entire vehicle is updated.
Iā€™ll ask how this is applicable to other vehicle variants. This may possibly be something they did directly for my vin specs, or could be universal. Iā€™ll update as soon as I know more.
Well thatā€™s pretty big news!

OP
OP
Nadaclosefriend

Nadaclosefriend

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well thatā€™s pretty big news!
Hell yeah, IF itā€™s legit. Weā€™ll see. Iā€™ll go to my local tuner to test if itā€™s unlocked or not before confirmation. Iā€™ll ask the supra service tech as well and how exactly does he know itā€™s unlocked. Iā€™ll ask how other supra owners can go about getting their own updates to essentially unlock the ecu as well. Since itā€™s not in the manufacture service schedule idk how you could go about getting that done but Iā€™ll figure it out.