Resetting Service Lights - Brake Pad, Oil, & ETC. (CBS)

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I was able to reset my brake using menu when it was around 8~9,000 miles.
Mine was telling me my pads needed to be changed and I installed a new wear sensor as well and still doesn’t show.
Sponsored

Deleted member 5830

Got as far as "Perform Reset?" Held the button - said "reset proceeding" or something. But then, "Reset Unsuccessful". Tried 5 times - same result. Any ideas?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Got as far as "Perform Reset?" Held the button - said "reset proceeding" or something. But then, "Reset Unsuccessful". Tried 5 times - same result. Any ideas?

which reset?

if brakes it will NOT reset with out a new wear sensor if you ran them down that far.

NoBadDays98

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 toyota supra
I had the same issue, I replaced my brake sensor also and code still wont clear, is it hard code that can only be reset by toyota? I have 3 scanners and none of them will clear it and it's pretty annoying and from what it seems is that everyone knows where to go to reset it but no one's actually reset it them selves yet or??

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I had the same issue, I replaced my brake sensor also and code still wont clear, is it hard code that can only be reset by toyota? I have 3 scanners and none of them will clear it and it's pretty annoying and from what it seems is that everyone knows where to go to reset it but no one's actually reset it them selves yet or??
I had no choice but to go to the dealer and have them reset it. I’m just confused why I didn’t even see the option even if it had T given me the option the reset it like it does with other functions.

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
have you tried the method on very 1st post of this thread?

maxVsupra

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra 3.0 Premium (Absolute White)
Any new developments on the pesky "Reset Unsuccessful" for front brake pad service? Is a dealership reset the only solution?

Thanks!

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
As mentioned previously, OBD adapter and BimmerLink.

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, V8 Solstice Coupe, 21 C8, 88 V8 Fiero
Read a few of these and not clear on this yet - I had my recall, etc., and just had brake and oil service notices come up. I reset brake notice with the triple-start button menu, but the oil one will only reset one time via that menu and I have already done it once. My car only as 2500 miles on it and I've already had two oil changes, so I don't need another and don't want to go to dealer anyway as I have tune on Pure 800, no oem amp, etc.

So, my question is can I reset oil with Bimmercode, even if I cannot via the triple-start button menu?

Thanks in advance!

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, V8 Solstice Coupe, 21 C8, 88 V8 Fiero
Okay, thanks - so Bimmerlink does things that Bimmercode does not?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I’m thinking because the brain is German and not Japanese.
well the certain conditions have to be met to be able to reset a stupid light is annoying as hell… i mean come on
Sponsored