Restraint / Drivetrain error after rebuild.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Sorry for reviving this thread, but I've been having this same issue after getting my car back from the body shop. I've dropped it off at the Toyota dealership and emailed them this thread. Anything else specific any of you guys told them or any independent people I can talk to(I'm basically treating them like they're 5 year olds and need to be hand-held through the process)?

@FLtrackdays @underdonk @kyle9

Edit: between my driving it and having our local BMW 'guru' look at it, nothing looks mechanically wrong, just these codes that refuse to disable.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Sorry for reviving this thread, but I've been having this same issue after getting my car back from the body shop. I've dropped it off at the Toyota dealership and emailed them this thread. Anything else specific any of you guys told them or any independent people I can talk to(I'm basically treating them like they're 5 year olds and need to be hand-held through the process)?

Edit: between my driving it and having our local BMW 'guru' look at it, nothing looks mechanically wrong, just these codes that refuse to disable.
No real input to provide, unfortunately. I am lucky to have an awesome Toyota service department and an awesome local race shop. I was able to deliver the message between them and have the exact work done that needed to be done. The head service tech over all of them, who has been there for years, is a certified Supra tech and the guy who worked on my car. Sooooooo... maybe take it to the service department I use? 😆

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
No real input to provide, unfortunately. I am lucky to have an awesome Toyota service department and an awesome local race shop. I was able to deliver the message between them and have the exact work done that needed to be done. The head service tech over all of them, who has been there for years, is a certified Supra tech and the guy who worked on my car. Sooooooo... maybe take it to the service department I use? 😆

If you could specify what exactly needs to be done and what parts they need again, I can definitely find someone local to me who can take care of this. But yeah, it's such a pain not being able to resolve this issue myself or outside the dealership ecosystem.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
😑 Post #7 in this thread. Recalibrate the DSC. No parts.

Was your car out into service mode for any reason during the install? I had brake pads/fluid done at the same time, which requires the car be out into service mode to bleed, and coming out of service mode requires a calibration of the DSC, hence my chassis error code. They didn't have the electronics to do it. What is the specific chassis error code you're seeing?
@romanLegion9574

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

I have not one but two guys now that can come on the side and code errors out. I found them from all my frequent windshield replacements. Apparently the windshield company doesn’t know how to reset the cameras & windshield wiper sensors. So my last guy, I asked him to turn off the lane assist. I didn’t realize it was a camera thing. No errors on the display and the cars no longer asking me to turn off lane assist.

In short, salvage guys, windshield subcontractors, that have the software (apparently there is more than Techstream now) can do wonders over what Toyota can or won’t do.

Good luck brother!
Sponsored