Not open for further replies.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
True. Who is whining about it? Praising the car is ok and complaining about it is whining? I went ahead and bought other cars and don’t have any plans of buying this abortion.

But as a sincere fan of Supra, I’ll be around here to understand the thought process behind giving up your honor, tradition and identity in the name of money. Bringing a car with all BMW guts and calling it your own is pathetic. Rather this not be around.
Complaining is voicing fair legitimate dissatisfactions with the goal of reaching a resolution, whining is when the dissatisfactions we voice are trivial or inconsequential and not worthy of special attention.

I know it has been mentioned many times, but just like a bunch of other things that have been mentioned many times, I only take into consideration or believe information from Tada's interviews or official Toyota releases. No offense to A70TTR, he sounds like a straight-up guy....but, I personally like getting concrete information from the source.

As far back as I can recall (prove to me otherwise), any talks of the transmission has been from unofficial sources. Has Tada or anyone officially from Toyota stated that the transmission would NOT be a DCT-type? Tada did say, no manual would be offered....but he didn't say that the automatic transmission wasn't going to be a DCT. Correct?
I think this is where we were on wave lengths. We have known for a while that the Z4 was going to have the 8-ZF trans, and being a former BMW owner I have known that to be a traditional "slush box" auto. As for a source, I do not have one off the top of my head but I never bothered to discuss it further because its a great transmissions
Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
I know, it was just appropriate to use

In the Irish times review,

I think Tada said with a deep sigh that he talked extensively with Toyota to ensure warranty was covered. Details about that is unknown.
Will not happen. Impossible to warrant a part based on aftermarket mods.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Will not happen. Impossible to warrant a part based on aftermarket mods.
It depends, on what the warranty covered. The whole passage sounded weird.
Another review.. that ended with rebadged BMW.. but hey who cares. Just drive it. Lol

So much for Toyota’s flagship. ‘Rebadged BMW’
I think the key part to take is that, huh, this feels amazing considering how shitty bmw been feeling as of late. It's more of, this all done by BMW? How?

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Another review.. that ended with rebadged BMW.. but hey who cares. Just drive it. Lol

It literally does not say that.

All it says is "Is it a rebadged BMW? Behind the wheel, you won’t care to ask."

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
It depends, on what the warranty covered. The whole passage sounded weird.

I think the key part to take is that, huh, this feels amazing considering how shitty bmw been feeling as of late. It's more of, this all done by BMW? How?
Bmw needs Toyota to do the steering and suspension on the 3 series, that car is all sorts of disconnected from the road

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4

Did you read the same article I read? They praised the car and had nothing but good things to say about it. They also said "Rebadged BMW, you WONT care to ask". It's apparent you dont like the car, but hey... you have a mkiv so be contempt. Again, this is the first year of this car and we have no clue what future plans, if any, they have for this car

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
You're the one who has convinced yourself that the car is DCT with no factual information to back it up while complaining that you don't believe that it's a TC automatic because there are no facts to back it up. But ok.
I never said the car will have a DCT...nor am I trying to convince myself of anything. If I did say the car will have a DCT, show me my post where I said that. I said, that since we know from Tada that there won't be a manual transmission and that he never ruled out a DCT, is a true auto transmission the only option to be offered??? If so, (to me) that will suck.

You see how I don't like when people assume things and put words in my mouth???

tenor.gif

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Hey guys, new member to the forum. Very exciting day. I got this from a video through another thread here, don't know if you've seen it, but it's the best view I've seen of the digital instrument display. Sorry for the quality.

upload_2018-9-19_11-29-14.png

Status
Not open for further replies.