Reviews are in for 2020 Supra MKV preproduction car

Status
Not open for further replies.

xantonin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Celica GT-S
I'm just so freaking tired of seeing this camo model everywhere.

You'd think with a review embargo lifted we can see some REAL reviews on the actual unit. I don't want to hear anything else about this car until they're ready to show the real thing without the camo.
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Did I hear one of the drivers say that it's a 8-speed ZF transmission without dual clutches???? So, not only are we not getting a manual, but we are getting a true automatic??? Toyota, you better pull some crazy ass card trick here to redeem yourself....because if this is the only transmission option for the Supra, you are dead to me.

Start at 4:07

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Did I hear one of the drivers say that it's a 8-speed ZF transmission without dual clutches???? So, not only are we not getting a manual, but we are getting a true automatic??? Toyota, you better pull some crazy ass card trick here to redeem yourself....because if this is the only transmission option for the Supra, you are dead to me.

Start at 4:07

Where have you been? Itā€™s been discussed that all they are offering is a damn automatic. No manual.. no DCT. Nothing. Just a middle of the road car that happens to be borrowed from BMW and they did some suspension tweaks on.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just so freaking tired of seeing this camo model everywhere.

You'd think with a review embargo lifted we can see some REAL reviews on the actual unit. I don't want to hear anything else about this car until they're ready to show the real thing without the camo.
They stress the fact the car is not about numbers cause they are probably embarrassed off the numbers. Meanwhile you can see the car is all about the numbers when it comes making money but.. from stats perspective.. the feeling is more important. Not the numbers. Pathetic.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where have you been? Itā€™s been discussed that all they are offering is a damn automatic. No manual.. no DCT. Nothing. Just a middle of the road car that happens to be borrowed from BMW and they did some suspension tweaks on.
I knew all along that no manual was going to be offered, that was from the horses mouth (Tada). However, I don't remember anyone definitively saying that the auto was a true auto, and not a DCT or SMG. Now, this sucks...

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I knew all along that no manual was going to be offered, that was from the horses mouth (Tada). However, I don't remember anyone definitively saying that the auto was a true auto, and not a DCT or SMG. Now, this sucks...
Well.. get ready to be blasted by
Medicoracy.. which is what this car is all about. Blow your brains with boredom.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They stress the fact the car is not about numbers cause they are probably embarrassed off the numbers. Meanwhile you can see the car is all about the numbers when it comes making money but.. from stats perspective.. the feeling is more important. Not the numbers. Pathetic.
???

This is a theory so you can throw this out if you wish.

Toyota has a late production model and has said the interior will be bespoke.

The only thing they can be doing is getting last second impressions on a car that is on its way out, and instead, will have a better car coming out in the next few months that will be its own entity, have better power and speed.

A70 did say at one point. Toyota underpromise, overachieves.

These specs are flying in the face of what we've come to known and hear from leaks and insiders so I'm unsure how late this model is into production mode. By not giving numbers, they are all left to guessing and be reintroduced to the car down the road.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
The ZF 8 speed is a great automatic though. If you have a free hour on a weekend, I recommend test driving a BMW with one and seeing how responsive they are

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
Too bad about the poor sightlines. Out the back this was to be expected, but out front as well....:nono:

You sit low, peering through a letterbox windscreen with a high window line and the curved bonnet spearing off into the distance. No idea whether it is (it probably is) but it immediately feels bigger than, say, a Porsche 718 Cayman, whose corners are easier to place, owing to better visibility. You are aware at once where the Supraā€™s engine is.​
I've been worried about this ever since seeing the GRMN race car. Look back at the pictures with someone sitting in the driver's seat; their shoulders are basically at the top of the door. I'm sure the seating position in that is lower than the production car, but it wasn't a good sign. That high belt line helps a ton with safety and rigidity, but I hate it.

Yes, it's been pretty clear that you don't pay attention to the information that's been offered here. :p

That has been stated many times by that basement dwelling troll that doesn't know anything, A70TTR.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very pleased so far. Looks to be shaping up to be a great platform. Tada-san will also be ensuring that tuners have good access to the ECU prior to launch as well. Road manners that good with a chassis that rigid is very exciting indeed.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very pleased so far. Looks to be shaping up to be a great platform. Tada-san will also be ensuring that tuners have good access to the ECU prior to launch as well. Road manners that good with a chassis that rigid is very exciting indeed.
How do you do it? Lol

Which review said itā€™s ā€˜that rigidā€™? C&D says itā€™s nice.. smooth inline 6 and a few other things. How did you conclude ā€˜that rigidā€™ from any of the reviews. Please point me to it.

Yes, Iā€™m happy about the after market companies having the access to have products ready. But.. this is a double edged sword. Toyota will void your warranty if you tune your car. Tada can say whatever he wants.. I just donā€™t see Toyota honoring parts replacements on Cars with ECUs that are tuned.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it's been pretty clear that you don't pay attention to the information that's been offered here. :p

That has been stated many times by that basement dwelling troll that doesn't know anything, A70TTR.
Yeah, it's pretty clear you don't understand what I mean when I say "facts." Speculations and office cubicle rumors are not facts, im sorry. So, yes I don't pay attention to that "information that has been offered here."

Has any of this been said by Tada?...or Toyota? If so, show me. Otherwise, keep your wise-ass comments to yourself. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.