Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
The Skyline (Q50/Q60) may not be the flagship, it is still one of their most recognized cars
They only come with a in-house Nissan V6. Where are u seeing Merc in that line up?
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
hmm, I guess we're just going to overlook the LFA that came out around the same time. ok. not saying the GTR is a bad car, but the way you put it. It's like Toyota wasn't doing anything, but they were focused on their Lexus division.

Nissan gave us another GTR. Lexus gave us a Masterpiece.
Let's get something straight here bud, Toyota and Lexus (although under one bank) are two different companies.

Lexus brought us a marvel of a car, a one-off supercar....not a new Supra.

Toyota didn't bring us a new Supra, they brought us a re-skinned Z4.

So, they way I put it is not the way your describing it. Had Toyota badged the LFA a Supra, then ok....but, the LFA is hardly a Supra let alone a Toyota.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
How do you do it? Lol

Which review said it’s ‘that rigid’? C&D says it’s nice.. smooth inline 6 and a few other things. How did you conclude ‘that rigid’ from any of the reviews. Please point me to it.

Yes, I’m happy about the after market companies having the access to have products ready. But.. this is a double edged sword. Toyota will void your warranty if you tune your car. Tada can say whatever he wants.. I just don’t see Toyota honoring parts replacements on Cars with ECUs that are tuned.
Almost every review mentioned the torsional rigidity being on par with the LFA, this was part of the press briefing at Jarama. I know for a fact the Lexus chassis is almost 2.5x as torsionally strong as an 86, which is an incredibly competent chassis itself.

Warranty stuff I'm not worried about bro, that's something we've been working around in every car for years, it'll be no different here. Hasn't stopped me from gleefully turning things up till they break. :p

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In the 2.0T models. Where are you seeing only V6's in that lineup?
Ahh.. I haven’t seen their lineup for a while. Regardless. It’s not the flagship car. .. people lease them and throw them away. Begging for a motor on your flagship from another manufacturer is something entirely different.

Name another manufacturer that made a halo car with another manufacturere’s engine.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
Ahh.. I haven’t seen their lineup for a while. Regardless. It’s not the flagship car. .. people lease them and throw them away. Begging for a motor on your flagship from another manufacturer is something entirely different.

Name another manufacturer that made a halo car with another manufacturere’s engine.
Aston Martin iirc it's an AMG engine
Pagani is the same I think
Alfa Romeo, under the same umbrella but it has a Ferrari Engine.
Mclaren
Audi R8

Lexafer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 4Runner

McLaren F1
Lotus uses Toyota engines for their Elise, Exige and Evora.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i

Alpha Romeo.

Name a source where it says they begged.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
McLaren F1
Small boutique car company.. not the same caliber of things. Try again.

Aston Martin iirc it's an AMG engine
Pagani is the same I think
Alfa Romeo, under the same umbrella but it has a Ferrari Engine.
Mclaren
Audi R8
Aston’s used a version of Ford’s engines when they were under the PAG umberala.

Pagani / McLarens are small boutique car company.. not quiet the same as using a standard issue B58 from another manufacturer’s lineup. Try again

Audi R8 and the lambo counterpart are made by the same damn company. Much like the Supra and the SC of the past. Try again.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Alpha Romeo.

Name a source where it says they begged.
AR and Ferrari are under the FCA group. Doesn’t matter and it’s not the same and you know that. Try again.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Now they are the definition of performance
Beg borrow and steal? No man.. you have a lot to learn about identity, honor and respect of doing your own.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
AR and Ferrari are under the FCA group. Doesn’t matter and it’s not the same and you know that. Try again.
Good point, however, Ferrari is no longer under FCA they've separated 2 years ago. The Alfa however I think was engineered before the split so cool.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Mazda uses Ford Duratec motors in most of their cars.

Name a source where it says Toyota begged.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mazda uses Ford Duratec motors in most of their cars.

Name a source where it says Toyota begged.
But they never got their rotary from anyone else.. their own identity. Their own tradition.

Mazda was owned by Ford at one point. So it was forced down their throats.

Their flagships never used anything Ford.. example.. RX7, 929 etc. even then it’s not the same comparison. Stop. Just stop.

Toyota begged.. how else do you explain this? The only company that had an inline 6 back in 2012/13 time frame. If it were now they would’ve begged BMW or Benz for an in-line 6. Pathetic. BMW gave them a standard issue B58 series of motor. Not even their S series motors that are more
Suited for race applications.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.