Showroom Mode

KongerR1

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2017 Cadillac XT5, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2001 Honda F4i
Picked the car up from the dealership and it's showing "Showroom mode" and I've tried to figure out how to get rid of it and no success. Emailed the dealership and they said bring it in and the tech guy will fix it. I would rather save myself the drive if it's a easy fix if anyone here knows how to get rid of it.
IMG_4768.jpeg
Sponsored

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I haven't seen this but I imagine it's done through the diagnostics mode just like this dude is showing:

OP
OP
KongerR1

KongerR1

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I haven't seen this but I imagine it's done through the diagnostics mode just like this dude is showing:

Tried that and it didn't work, didn't bring up the same screen that this video shows.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
See if this helps:

I assume you’d use the “0.0” button on the lower-left of the instrument cluster. Btw, that button is not mentioned in the owner’s manual, but I found it resets the odometer.

OP
OP
KongerR1

KongerR1

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
See if this helps:

I assume you’d use the “0.0” button on the lower-left of the instrument cluster. Btw, that button is not mentioned in the owner’s manual, but I found it resets the odometer.
Doesn't show the same options like the video shows, it was the first thing I tried.

OP
OP
KongerR1

KongerR1

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Showroom mode automatically inflates the asking price by at least $10k.
I'm wondering if it does anything else like throttle power........

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
I'm wondering if it does anything else like throttle power........
It's probably so the vehicle can cut power usage while the vehicle is unlocked or open.

OP
OP
KongerR1

KongerR1

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's probably so the vehicle can cut power usage while the vehicle is unlocked or open.
I never even thought of that, makes total sense!

I guess by default it might be on cause my Supra was ordered, I had to wait for it, it never hit the showroom floor. I did go to the dealership on the weekend and no one could figure it out but it was sales guys trying to figure it out, I knew I was doomed. They told me to come back when the Supra technician was on shift, so it's still in showroom mode........

OP
OP
KongerR1

KongerR1

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So had it not been for the mechanic who put my downpipe in, I would still have the showroom mode on my dash. My mechanic has his own shop and works mostly on BMWs so he figured it out no problem. He hooked the Supra up and just did a reset and it got rid of it, which supposedly the dealership did as well but it didn't work.

I take the Supra in tomorrow for oil change and recall, I will let them know the showroom mode is fixed no thanks to them. Hopefully they don't say anything about someone else working on the car while still under warranty.
Sponsored