Slight smoking

AyeBird

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bagged 9th gen Accord and hopefully, an A90.
Roughly cold start, would this happen even being 90° outside? Also it seems to be smoking like that every once in a while when i am driving and let of the gas on the highway
This happened to me today as well. 90ish degrees also. Not sure what the cause is? Same mods as yours.
It could happen in high humid climates as humidity can create condensation as well. It’s a possibility that what you’re seeing is just that.
Sponsored

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cold nights parked outside -> Hot days = condensation being released on startups. Don't overthink it, you being catless doesn't help but its nothing to worry about. I highly doubt it's your turbos.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Nah... that's just @Axix23's standard response to anyone that has smoke or noise. I think it's PTSD from a previous experience. ;)
glad somebody understands me on here! Geeze

OP
OP
A90alex

A90alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
is it burning any oil? What color is the smoke?
It’s very small amount of white maybe even just clear but doesn’t happen often maybe every other week just at idle or when letting off gas not at WOT

OP
OP
A90alex

A90alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
It could happen in high humid climates as humidity can create condensation as well. It’s a possibility that what you’re seeing is just that.
This would make sense I live in Ohio where there is high humidity

OP
OP
A90alex

A90alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Not trying to be an ass. Genuine curiosity. Why all those mods to not drive the car hard?
It gets driven hard while cruising and rolling but never from a stop it’s more of a roll car than dig

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I’m willing to bet the fact you’re also running an ethanol blend is a contributing factor

AyeBird

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This would make sense I live in Ohio where there is high humidity
It’s most likely just condensation buildup that’s burning off in that case. Nothing to be worried about. If you really want to be on the safe side, monitor your oil level just to make sure you’re not burning any oil.

AyeBird

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
It’s very small amount of white maybe even just clear but doesn’t happen often maybe every other week just at idle or when letting off gas not at WOT
Yeah sounds more like condensation burning off (or "steaming-off" I guess in that case). Probably wouldn't even be visible to you if you lived here - where the current "monsoon season" barely gets the humidity up to ~50% while it's raining. Thankfully it goes back to ~10% after a couple days.

Kristos

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 Corvette GS, 2012 BOSS 302
This forum never surprises me with its stupidity
Maybe so, but I can tell you at 11k miles, I just replaced my turbo. Was having same use, had dealership check out car and they said UT was running rich. Took t yo a very reputable Sura garage,, got a video the next day showing the Mueller on my turbo easily moving back and forth. The seals went bad, still made tons of power. Might want to have a look, only takes a shrt bit of time to put your mind at ease.

NorcalMk5

First Name
Amrit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 00 ITR, 70 Cuda 440, 21 ZX6R, 12 Prius
I’m going to have mine looked at when it goes in for service.
Sponsored