• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

So I installed android auto & apple car play on my 2.0 ltr 2021 supra

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Touch screen does not function with any aftermarket MMI prime addon module for any BMW vehicle. The knob must be used.

Nav does not push to HUD. It cannot.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 2022
Touch screen does not function with any aftermarket MMI prime addon module for any BMW vehicle. The knob must be used.

Nav does not push to HUD. It cannot.
When you coded in AUX and highlighted it from the the main supra system, did it have options to select under it? I got it to show up but highlighting AUX doesn't show anything additional for me to confirm in the supra...The more I look into this I feel like I didn't connect the wires all the way in for it.

I'm also getting a "No warning tones" message each start up. If I'm still supposed to hear tones after this installation - I think I really did mess up on connecting that cable.

Last edited:

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When you coded in AUX and highlighted it from the the main supra system, did it have options to select under it? I got it to show up but highlighting AUX doesn't show anything additional for me to confirm in the supra...The more I look into this I feel like I didn't connect the wires all the way in for it.

I'm also getting a "No warning tones" message each start up. If I'm still supposed to hear tones after this installation - I think I really did mess up on connecting that cable.
I just coded AUX to on and that's it, as far as settings. No tinkering required. Switch to aux as the sound source on the Toyota head unit and you'll get audio from Android Auto in the car.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 2022
Ahh thanks for the reply! I went back and found that I plugged in the green wire upside down? Either way, rehoused it and it all works! Will report back updates after some time with it!

Also - thank you for the find Thraxbert! Saved us a ton of money!

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
@Thraxbert ..

What year is your car? I need to bury a myth about which MY this device works with. Thought it only worked on 2020 MY.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Thraxbert ..

What year is your car? I need to bury a myth about which MY this device works with. Thought it only worked on 2020 MY.
I have a 2020, but can't imagine it wouldn't work on a 2021. The Roadtop device is just a man-in-the-middle solution that sits between the head unit and the screen. Same for all MMI devices. It's like switching an input on a stereo receiver, rather than trying to electronically integrate the device into the ID6 system.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
@Thraxbert ..

I have a 2021 and have been using my MMI box for over a year.

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
Thanks all. This is good news for me because MMI Prime is too far to go (price-wise) to only get AAuto.

I tried to use the ID6 device I have in my 540 earlier. The large connection had different form factor and simply would not fit in the head unit.

I was pissed after testing the dash apart. Should be a 30 minute job now though.

Will pick one of thes up soon.

First Name
Knick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra White
To anyone who comes by this thread in the future:

I just finished installing the ROAD TOP brand MMI unit for EVO SYSTEM cars.

You can use the Bimmerlink MMI Prime installation video to install this unit. It's exactly the same process. Shit, it feels like they're the same unit with a different paint job lol. This is TOTALLY PLUG AND PLAY.

No soldering. Not one single wire that doesn't go to the head unit or screen. Everything fits in the center console.

Yeah, plug and play Android Auto for 300 bucks plus trim tools and a T20 Torx.

Took about 2 hours. Hold MENU key for 3 seconds to enable Android Auto. Must code AUX support into the head unit with Bimmercode.
That install video link's dead.. Any pointers to a similar video? Also, any pointers on how to go about removing the trim? I know it's supposed to be easy, but I can't find anything straightforward and I don't want to break any plastic pieces with my ham-fist tendencies...

First Name
Knick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra White
That install video link's dead.. Any pointers to a similar video? Also, any pointers on how to go about removing the trim? I know it's supposed to be easy, but I can't find anything straightforward and I don't want to break any plastic pieces with my ham-fist tendencies...
The video seems to be back up :). That video is exactly what I needed to see. I hope it stays up

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
@Tsuki8 this says 2017-2020? How do I know if itā€™ll work in my 22ā€™?
I would buy this right now if I knew 100% itā€™ll work with mineā€¦

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The electronics are the same.