Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Is this with ethanol? Not seeing it in the BM3 log but you have reflex. 19* timing at 28psi is kinda nuts.

What does your tuner say?

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I agree with @razorlab. Here is a datalog from my setup for comparison purposes. CTS turbo, EOS manifold, PI, Reflex, flex fuel sensor, Meth, factory LPFP, Paul Johnson tuned. Note no overboost, no WOT throttle closures, minimal to no timing corrections.

Datalog
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=655bfe76cbd6043ef68fdc74

How does your BM3 tune know what Ethanol percent you are running. Do you have your ethanol sensor wired to your Reflex? If so it should be put on can-bus and be available in the tune and the RPM display.

You are running more boost down low with 19.5 deg timing, granted you are on more E than me. Damn that is a lot of timing corrections, is your tuner ok with that?

Do you have a pressure sensor on the LPFP side of the fuel system? Have you datalogged the fuel pressure?

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
The 80 PSI fuel pressure is what I see too when under load. I have to datalog fuel pressure via the Reflex. There is some pathway where the Reflex puts E% on can-bus for BM3 logic to use. I was surprised not to see it in your log.

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Is this all tuning error 👀🤣
Yes that is what we are implying. Look at the timing corrections in my log vs the log you posted.

I would pull your plugs or at least #6 to check. I also would not do another WOT pull until you have dialogue with your tuner.

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
A quick code search came up with this. https://www.supramkv.com/threads/a90-and-meth.8796/#post-127220

Hopefully there is some other explanation for your issues. I doubt a PI injector is stuck on or you would have serious trim and drivability issues.

I am in process of getting my setup remote tuned. My setup is kinda similar to yours, meaning BM3, flex, PI. The tuner I went with, Paul Johnson F80Paul, did more than 3 revisions on E10 pump gas before moving to E30, then E50 tuning where we are at now. There have been so many revisions I lost count. I guess my point is he goes slow and dials in boost/load control and torque limits before going max E%.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Theres just so many issues....

Biggest one.... why are you almost pushing 30 psi on a stock turbo?

1700626199599.png

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I would guess "Stock Turbo Sauce" is the main contributor to the IAT.

All joking aside, 28 PSI on stock turbo and likely stock manifold/intercooler is the reason for the IAT rising quickly. Honestly I believe your tune is the main issue and potentially damaged cylinder 6. How did the plug look? What did your tuner say about all this?

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Wondering if you made any progress on the misfire issues?

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Awesome, glad to hear that the misfires were not related to any major issue.
Sponsored