OP
OP
AndyK5

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Is this also from Buttonwillow? That track is hard on tires as well.
Yeah, surface is rough there, it is super hard on driver front and on staggered setup rotating is limited to left to right.

Interestingly Assetto Corsa simulates this pretty good, if you get the Buttonwillow track and use a car there you'll see driver front getting much hotter than any other tire after about 6-7 laps.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Yeah, surface is rough there, it is super hard on driver front and on staggered setup rotating is limited to left to right.

Interestingly Assetto Corsa simulates this pretty good, if you get the Buttonwillow track and use a car there you'll see driver front getting much hotter than any other tire after about 6-7 laps.
Yea, I used to drive Buttonwillow, I know the surface well. :)

My new home track, Lime Rock, is also hard on left front tires but I still get pretty even wear. Once you go square, rotating makes a big difference.

IMG_1714.jpeg

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs

My new home track, Lime Rock, is also hard on left front tires but I still get pretty even wear. Once you go square, rotating makes a big difference.

IMG_1714.jpeg
Iā€™ve no idea how your inside shoulder is always so good, mine always wear out there first, and center tread

OP
OP
AndyK5

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT

IMG_1714.jpeg
Is the more worn side inside or outside here? 0 roll over on that sidewall as well.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Iā€™ve no idea how your inside shoulder is always so good, mine always wear out there first, and center tread
Yea, what's funny is that my CRS always wear like this, but my AR1's are like this after one track day, inside shoulders:

IMG_2409.jpeg

Is the more worn side inside or outside here? 0 roll over on that sidewall as well.
Facing you in the photo is the outside.

Same tire, straight angle.:

IMG_1713.jpeg

It's actually not worn THAT much more on the shoulder. The CRS outside tread has less deep indentions so it it's a little bit of an an illusion.

Here is one brand new for reference:

IMG_1752.jpeg