State Referee

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
This is a pretty amazing thread. How far its strayed from OP, the current nature of the conversation, and how long it's remained unlocked.

IMHO, both sides of the coin are wrong. And because a coin only has 2 sides then we are doomed to be disappointed.

Lack of regulation allows for Love Canal, Carolina Squat, Rolling Coal, and people walking around with loaded fire arms on their hip (which has been illegal for a long long time BTW). Too much regulation and we get a case where home owners associations will give you a fine for a truck parked in from of your house, add a cold air intake to your car is illegal etc.. etc.. The two party system makes it such that I might choose a side regarding gay marriage or guns but that fall counter to what I think about cars and baking regulation.

Shoot the 2 party system in the head.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
London Breed (The mayor of SF) is 49 years old and has only been in that position for four years. (Five years if you count her finishing the last mayors term who died while in office) Mayors can only serve two four year terms in San Francisco. So eight years total and less then a decade.

I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 21 years and really don't understand why everyone focuses on it in California. Los Angeles is much dirtier and much worse over all. I guess because SF is a beacon of soy boy liberals or whatever term people are parroting at the moment.
Nancy P district in San Fran. Mitch M not much better.
And they've never been to either.
I’ve got pics of before and after from my own phone. Not worth sharing here. Y’all know what I’m talking about. Lots of changes fo sho (not for the better).

@digatron I hope you get your cars back soon! I’m sure you are an awful person, dangerous to society and your car is completely obnoxious. Regardless it ain’t right ;) Keep up the good fight amigo ✊🏽 Those laws make sense to somebody somewhere

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is a pretty amazing thread. How far its strayed from OP, the current nature of the conversation, and how long it's remained unlocked.

IMHO, both sides of the coin are wrong. And because a coin only has 2 sides then we are doomed to be disappointed.

Lack of regulation allows for Love Canal, Carolina Squat, Rolling Coal, and people walking around with loaded fire arms on their hip (which has been illegal for a long long time BTW). Too much regulation and we get a case where home owners associations will give you a fine for a truck parked in from of your house, add a cold air intake to your car is illegal etc.. etc.. The two party system makes it such that I might choose a side regarding gay marriage or guns but that fall counter to what I think about cars and baking regulation.

Shoot the 2 party system in the head.
good points, however I still think it’s the best system we’ve got in the world to govern such a large society. Even in its current state. Yes I’m in the minority, still believe in our constitution and love my country. But every system needs checks and balances or we’d slide too much into one side or the other. Glad we’re not all the same.

I still want to drive COTA someday. Hope you’re close to there and you get to do it in the Supra 🤤

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pelosi has only represented the 11th district (now San Francisco since restructure) for the last 9 months. Less than a year. She was speaker of the house for the United States before that.
It’s just not the same. Thus a lot of people are watching & articles on that former beautiful city. They lost their focus on the bigger problem. It’s not loud cars. Hence the irony of @digatron ’s ugly disgusting car going through the legal process, taking up tax dollars and time.

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
It’s just not the same. Thus a lot of people are watching & articles on that former beautiful city. They lost their focus on the bigger problem. It’s not loud cars. Hence the irony of @digatron ’s ugly disgusting car going through the legal process, taking up tax dollars and time.
You do know CARB is state wide and the EPA is country wide, right? Literally nothing to do with one city or the Mayor of that city, or the representatives of that district.

Have you been to San Francisco or the SF Bay Area? If I just parroted what I heard I would say Florida is a massive shit hole too, but I don’t. Okay, maybe a little bit.

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
So many typos and spelling mistakes (how many times was "Kalifornia" mentioned in this thread) then implying someone else is illiterate...

wg3ad9nj25h8l8h3nhajko&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif

The last time I tried calling out an unnecessarily political post here I got shit on. Oh well, let it rain shit again... this post is a dumpster fire.

Let's see if I have this right:
  • Hoping for an earthquake to ravage an entire state? Check
  • Whataboutisms regarding jets, public transportation, other states, probably more that I missed? Check
  • Calling out specific politicians regarding issues that they probably have little to no power over? Check
  • Bringing up Russia for some reason? Check
  • Hyperbole about how all freedoms will be revoked because of a loud exhaust ticket? Check
This thread was active on September 11, a time when some people may reflect on how the USA is stronger when united, and that through tragedy you found a greater strength as a nation. But here, there's pointing fingers over which state sucks the most. As a non-American, I sincerely believe your country to be strong, powerful, and with a cultural diversity that only adds to that strength. You don't like a state? That's fine, but maybe lay off the bashing on a Supra forum. This is not the place to do so.

What the OP went through sounds like a genuine nightmare but having others bitch/vent about politics won't help him. I hope the OP is able to get his issue resolved soon.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So many typos and spelling mistakes (how many times was "Kalifornia" mentioned in this thread) then implying someone else is illiterate...

wg3ad9nj25h8l8h3nhajko&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif

The last time I tried calling out an unnecessarily political post here I got shit on. Oh well, let it rain shit again... this post is a dumpster fire.

Let's see if I have this right:
  • Hoping for an earthquake to ravage an entire state? Check
  • Whataboutisms regarding jets, public transportation, other states, probably more that I missed? Check
  • Calling out specific politicians regarding issues that they probably have little to no power over? Check
  • Bringing up Russia for some reason? Check
  • Hyperbole about how all freedoms will be revoked because of a loud exhaust ticket? Check
This thread was active on September 11, a time when some people may reflect on how the USA is stronger when united, and that through tragedy you found a greater strength as a nation. But here, there's pointing fingers over which state sucks the most. As a non-American, I sincerely believe your country to be strong, powerful, and with a cultural diversity that only adds to that strength. You don't like a state? That's fine, but maybe lay off the bashing on a Supra forum. This is not the place to do so.

What the OP went through sounds like a genuine nightmare but having others bitch/vent about politics won't help him. I hope the OP is able to get his issue resolved soon.
Fully agree we need to work together and don’t want to 💩 on any one state, including my own. But we also don’t want to stick our heads in the sand and say that’s cool, your car got impounded for noise violation, 😂 Voting people in or out does help, in any state. Glad @digatron mentioned it. Free speech and information is a beautiful thang.

This is where this thread helps. We join up and fight for our rights to modify our cars, enjoy them sensibly, and do what we can to keep others informed. If we don’t, the noise meter will show up in your own neighborhood. Honestly, I didn’t even know it was possible for something like that to happen. Same with tailpipe checks.

California has about the same population size and tax revenue of the entire country of Canada. So there’s a lot to manage there to say the least. Then you throw all the other states in the mix, we vary a lot. Good or bad. It is what it is. Again, I’m one of the odd men out that likes our system. You can literally move between states and get an entire different set of laws w/out a passport. It’s nothing offensive to me whatsoever. Love the ability to elect the differences we do have.

Again, gotta admit, this one caught me off guard. If enough people don‘t like it, it absolutely can be taken off the table. That’s how they got Arnold Schwarzenegger to be governor in California. This particular law is much easier to correct than re-electing your governor for the state. Keep up the good work @digatron . It’s definitely bullshit. Talk to your local representative brother. Byron Donalds is ours in my area. He’s cool as hell and easily reachable. I know for a fact Byron wouldn’t let that happen here. Let your rep know. They can’t fix what they don’t know.

Last edited:

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
We join up and fight for our rights to modify our cars
I'll leave this unpopular opinion here and run away. If some of our friends understood the difference between race cars and daily drivers then they wouldn't be shoving our hobby into the average persons face. And thus the average people wouldn't be voting in laws to reign in our hobby.

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Digatron, hope all goes well with your
“ Predicament”, and your lawyers argument
To the courts goes well🙄 hopefully it won’t
Cost u that many dineros 🤔

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
My understanding of why California is spelled with a K is because in the Cyrillic alphabet "C" is pronounced like "S" and "K" would the the proper consonant.

California would be spelled Калифорния.

Source: working knowledge of Russian from my ex and living in Zaporozhye Ukraine for 6 months in 2011.

That said, now that I'm back and freshly unbanned I'll just say, this is the exact reason why I don't mess with a catless DP in Connecticut. The laws aren't nearly as stringent as California, but the enforcement is worse, especially now that the street takeover bullshit seems to be in full swing in my state, Коннектикут. 🤣

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
My understanding of why California is spelled with a K is because in the Cyrillic alphabet "C" is pronounced like "S" and "K" would the the proper consonant.

California would be spelled Калифорния.

Source: working knowledge of Russian from my ex and living in Zaporozhye Ukraine for 6 months in 2011.

That said, now that I'm back and freshly unbanned I'll just say, this is the exact reason why I don't mess with a catless DP in Connecticut. The laws aren't nearly as stringent as California, but the enforcement is worse, especially now that the street takeover bullshit seems to be in full swing in my state.
Welcome back, we missed you.