digatron

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
If I remember right, the infraction states that the car must be repaired before driving, correct?
yeah, but i have to wait for the case to be finished since im not going to the ref and going lawyer route.
Sponsored

OP
OP
digatron

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
My concern is that I keep reading how all states will eventually cave in. As long as they're gonna continue to basically blame global warming on our cars, there really is nothing we can do.
meanwhile them private jets arent polluting at all. but hey if you have money ig you can get away with "anything"

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Gavin will keep jacking up gas prices, which are $6/gallon at this time, to "convince us" to buy an EV.
The Supra gets decent gas mileage - a big plus.

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 MT, '23 BRZ, '06 RX-8
TL;DR
- OP hired a lawyer to deal with state referee.
- Opportunity for every non-CA resident to vent and rant about CA politicians (some CA residents piling on too).
- @Drnick responding with "Kalifornia" 8 times to various replies in case we haven't read his 1st "Kalifornia" reply.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
TL;DR
- OP hired a lawyer to deal with state referee.
- Opportunity for every non-CA resident to vent and rant about CA politicians (some CA residents piling on too).
- @Drnick responding with "Kalifornia" 8 times to various replies in case we haven't read his 1st "Kalifornia" reply.
I don't even get the political motivations behind "Kalifornia" aside from spelling it wrong?

KKK? That's not California.

Comunist? That starts with a "C"

Kremlin? Maybe? But nothing like anything...

idk- he's drunk

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
I don't even get the political motivations behind "Kalifornia" aside from spelling it wrong?

idk- he's drunk
Must be the K from "hammer and sicKle"

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra

idk- he's drunk
The internet is always right....

KF.JPG

KF1.JPG

KF2.JPG

Edit - for proof that the internet doesnt lie

Z.JPG

Last edited:

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Just until someone pays attention, then he can come with the "panties in a bunch" comment.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Your flogging a dead horse, that horse being
KALIFORNIA!🤪🤪🤪🤪
Why do keep spelling it with a K? Do you actually know the origin of that (I do) or are you just parroting it?

“You’re”

Always the same when called out on these types of comments…

“guys, my racist comment was a joke! I kid! I have a friend that is _insert color of skin I’m being racist about here_”

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
California may have a lot of restrictions as to modification and smog testing but they aren’t going to get that particular wishlist item.

Yeah, the subway lines, bus lines, above ground trains are all gradually improving and that is a good thing out there…. but L.A. and San Francisco will never be like Manhattan, NYC and neither will the rest of California. Even in NYC some people have cars amidst all the subway lines (it’s expensive to have one there and a PITA with parking but it is done).

California is too big with far too much distance between neighboring cities for one thing. I can see the train and subway lines eventually in some decades being much more useful for some commutes… but no public transit system can ever fully replace what a car or other vehicle can do.

And then there’s the ride sharing part of that wishlist. That also is not going to replace everyone owning their own private car. Why? It’s too damn expensive to use all the time, the pricing keeps changing depending on the day and hour of the day, it isn’t immediately there and waiting for you right now… and how about people who carry their work gear in their personal vehicles who work variable and very odd hours within the city and sometimes out to the middle of nowhere only to need to load back up and leave for home at 5am from Barstow all the way back to L.A.?

You’d go broke in less than a month using rideshare services for all of that.

So no… that’s not happening despite what that CARB rep said. The gradual shift to more EVs in California over time… yes. But an end to private car ownership…? No. Not by a long shot.

Rideshares are only good for those exceptional times when you need a lift to or from the airport, or to or from some venue in a very dense part of the city where parking is either a nightmare at peak hours or where you’d simply prefer not to park your car for fear of risk to it.

And there will still be plenty of non-EVs there for a long time operating alongside various EVs.

Classic vehicle ownership isn’t made easy over there but you’ll still see classics from various decades driving around almost everywhere you go.
You either have a politician that claims they will fix more, do more $$$ with more control or… you have some that claim they will do less $$$ and with less control. I’d prefer you guys to be the innovators and not the politicians. So I’m always in favor of less spending & control.

Yes we need local police, a big stick (military for dictators to respect -back down), some welfare, some environmental regulations (prevent sewage spewing into our drinking water), more focus on mental health, obvious stuff. But we’ve seen post 2020, you give an inch & they’ll take a mile. Both sides will do anything to stay in office forever. Claim we are in dire straits and only they can save us. With more tax dollars ofc. Those are the best ones to vote out. Unless looking for bigger government al la dictatorship (yes I’m speaking extremes to make a point 😉). We’ve always done better as a country when we pull up our own britches and not rely on big brother, 50% taxes or whatever California (with a C) is currently at. Anyone that claims they can fix everything with more of your tax dollars is full of 💩

Also, California (with a C) is a beautiful State! Unfortunately San Francisco and other big cities across the nation are horribly run by the same people that have been there for decades. How old are some of these people 😱 Republican or Democrat, vote them out & get some control back! FloRida ain’t perfect either. We‘ve got some badly run counties. But we do have ½ the debt of NY with about the same population as a whole (not picking on NY, just sayin). I definitely think quality of services begin to become inversely proportional the bigger any corporation or government gets.

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Also, California (with a C) is a beautiful State! Unfortunately San Francisco and other big cities across the nation are horribly run by the same people that have been there for decades. How old are some of these people 😱 Republican or Democrat, vote them out & get some control back!
London Breed (The mayor of SF) is 49 years old and has only been in that position for four years. (Five years if you count her finishing the last mayors term who died while in office) Mayors can only serve two four year terms in San Francisco. So eight years total and less then a decade.

I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 21 years and really don't understand why everyone focuses on it in California. Los Angeles is much dirtier and much worse over all. I guess because SF is a beacon of soy boy liberals or whatever term people are parroting at the moment.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
London Breed (The mayor of SF) is 49 years old and has only been in that position for four years. (Five years if you count her finishing the last mayors term who died while in office) Mayors can only serve two four year terms in San Francisco. So eight years total and less then a decade.

I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 21 years and really don't understand why everyone focuses on it in California. Los Angeles is much dirtier and much worse over all. I guess because SF is a beacon of soy boy liberals or whatever term people are parroting at the moment.
And they've never been to either.
Sponsored