Stay away from Geico

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
So, a couple months ago I noticed Geico started offering aftermarket parts coverage. As I was looking around at other companies for this, I was excited to see Geico was offering it now, so I added my parts and stayed with Geico.

Fast forward to today. Geico is canceling my insurance based on my aftermarket modifications:

“After careful review, we find that we are unable to continue your insurance coverage on your 2020 TOYOTA SUPRA. The 2020 TOYOTA SUPRA has unacceptable customizations. Unacceptable customizations include, but are not limited to, engine modifications, non-factory exterior paint, suspension modifications including raising or lowering, and any modifications that may impact the risk of operating the vehicle.”

I can't help but think that this was a trap. F Geico.
Sponsored

Janice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 BRZ
Wtf do they offer aftermarket coverage for, any mod I can think of is unacceptable!

Wheels maybe?

Juan115

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Dang, I was going to add this coverage to my policy. That sucks

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I ensure all of my worthwhile cars with Grundy, agreed value. They've never once questioned the value, asked for modifications or even miles. Technically it is a limited use policy but at least in NC there are no specific exclusions called out in black and white.

Thankfully I've never had to make a claim but a buddy of mine had is a Z06 insured with them for a substantial value given the mods. He got T-boned in an intersection, car totaled, they paid out no problem.

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I ensure all of my worthwhile cars with Grundy, agreed value. They've never once questioned the value, asked for modifications or even miles. Technically it is a limited use policy but at least in NC there are no specific exclusions called out in black and white.

Thankfully I've never had to make a claim but a buddy of mine had is a Z06 insured with them for a substantial value given the mods. He got T-boned in an intersection, car totaled, they paid out no problem.
Yea, looking at Grundy and Hagerty now.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
At least I got a new windshield installed today on Geicos dime...

giphy.gif
I was told doing this could affect your next policy due to companies looking at your past claims. This was explained to me by an insurance agent friend.

(because I too took a windshield before State Farm cuts me for claiming a not-fault accident)

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0

Geico paid for all my modifications and XPEL when my Z06 was wrecked and i didn’t have the “aftermarket accessories” coverage.

Plus 1 for Grundy collector insurance tho they are great. You get agreed value no questions asked!!! My pops has it on his hellcat. I would have it but one stipulation is operator of the vehicle must be 25 years old and i just turned 23 a few months back so i got some time to go

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I can't help but to think that was some sort of a way to weed out high-risk, high-payout vehicles. They seem to be clamping down. I had to ditch my LLC in Montana because all the insurance companies I called had the location's address on record and refused to cover any vehicles registered to that location, due to the fact that they were never stored there.
Insurance companies are getting better at covering their own asses.
Also, I have Hagerty for one of my cars. Agreed value of $60k. No hassles. Just sent in a picture and the VIN. $38/mo. I love classic cars LOL

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Can you not do a I've removed the mods scheme and see? Unless you don't want to stick with them any longer...

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Can you not do a I've removed the mods scheme and see? Unless you don't want to stick with them any longer...
Lol, the whole point was to get the mods covered. Also, I don't like committing insurance fraud.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
I hate insurance companies. You pay so much to hopefully never have to use it. Then you don't want to use it, because of fear of rates going higher. I wish you could get some or all of yr money back at the end of the year for not using it. Such a scam, but needed and impossible to not have. I mean unless yr like most of the population who are raw dogging it, making OUR rates as legitimate customers even higher lol
Sponsored