suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Such a scam, but needed and impossible to not have
Some states let you self-insure by sending a deposit to the DMV to cover your liability in an accident. You are taking a risk that way though, since you’re on the hook for any and all payouts.
Sponsored

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Do people fr tell them about the aftermarket parts?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
razorlab fell into their trap 😅
You're our 5,000th Winner!!! We're giving away 3 nights 4 days in Bangkok and VIP entry to your choice of Gentleman's club if you declare all your aftermarket parts explicitly 🤣

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
When they offer coverage for them yes. Perhaps you missed the part where I was already looking for an insurance provider that provides coverage for aftermarket parts.

Would rather not lose $20,000+ in parts if the car gets totaled on the street.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
I was told doing this could affect your next policy due to companies looking at your past claims. This was explained to me by an insurance agent friend.

(because I too took a windshield before State Farm cuts me for claiming a not-fault accident)
There are tons of factors within and outside your control that will affect your rates. Unless you’re a multiple DUI offender, there will be an insurer offering an acceptable rate. If a carrier is jacking up your quote because you, idk, used your prior insurance… then keep on shopping around. Not using my insurance when I needed it out of fear is one of my biggest mistakes during car ownership.

RaceReX

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium, 2009 SRF
There are tons of factors within and outside your control that will affect your rates. Unless you’re a multiple DUI offender, there will be an insurer offering an acceptable rate. If a carrier is jacking up your quote because you, idk, used your prior insurance… then keep on shopping around. Not using my insurance when I needed it out of fear is one of my biggest mistakes during car ownership.

Completely agree with your comment about actually using your insurance.

over my lifetime I’ve had five stolen vehicles. Yes, five. And I’ve lived all over the country. I’ve stayed with State Farm for decades, my rates are still reasonable, and they have never threatened to cancel or raise my rates due to these thefts, or due to a coup,e of hit and runs that wiped cars out.

I did have one at fault minor incident decades ago, and they still never raised my rates.

if you have insurance, use it.

As for RazorLab, sorry to hear what happened. From reading your detailed and well thought out posts I know you didn’t just jump into this new insurance rider without thorough reading and researching the plan.

companies are in business to make money. Hopefully you will find a good policy. (I actually wasn’t even aware, other than Hagerty, of anyone insuring non-stock stuff)