Steering wheel button feedback

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
For my final project in my Human-Computer interaction class, I'm looking to redesign (on paper only) the Supra's steering wheel button interface. It'd be great if I can get some feedback, thoughts, and input from the folks here either via my survey: http://peersurvey.cc.gatech.edu/s/89882239536e4cec83bb97c1051b3e11 (fully anonymous) or on this thread.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Not putting the Sport mode toggle on the steering wheel was a crime.
Well, you need true M wheel for M1 M2 buttons. All latest BMW have it on center console...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, i couldn't answer the last one.
Can't really think of other buttons. What else is out there ?

Last edited:

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
I wish the track roller scrolled through the playlist like on my i3. next/previous is... interesting. Think it's limited because I'm using the carplay or maybe my music app?

I also miss having a separate button for LKA, my older toyota had that.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
The damn thing having a normal mode in the first place is the crime.
I know you can use bimmercode to just always start up in Sport mode - I am curious if this is harder on the engine on cold starts, especially in colder weather? I usually try to let the car get up to operating temperature in normal mode before switching to sport, but I don't have any real data on that and it might just be needless paranoia on my part.

boosting1bar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R8, RSQ8
I hate the roller/hard buttons for the volume/skip tracks. I'd much rather the other way around and have volume on the roller wheel and next track and go back on the two hard buttons.

Last edited:

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
I know you can use bimmercode to just always start up in Sport mode - I am curious if this is harder on the engine on cold starts, especially in colder weather? I usually try to let the car get up to operating temperature in normal mode before switching to sport, but I don't have any real data on that and it might just be needless paranoia on my part.
Sports would help it warm up faster ;)

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
I hate the roller/hard buttons for the volume/skip tracks. I'd much rather the other way around and have volume one the roller wheel and next track and go back on the two hard buttons.
This ^^^. Really my only gripe, i stream music and skip tracks a lot. Having to hit the roller button twice is a PITA.

swift.mk5

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Supra Premium
I think the roller for moving through tracks could've also used a *hold* function that pauses the music from the steering wheel. Maybe a long press of the button?
I don't think the entire media controls even have a real play/pause button, except for the touch screen. It's my biggest gripe with the car.

OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Thanks for the feedback, its good for me to get started! And keep the input coming, everything is appreciated!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I do the same since it holds the shift to higher RPM. I like it to be warmed up before pops and bangs start. ?

-RJM
Sponsored