Stock air filter?

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
For ease of service, a drop-in is probably not a bad idea. Otherwise, no real performance gains, as others have said. I'll probably go with a Green filter, when the time comes.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
I stick with OEM stock filters for the best filtration. I donā€™t want to chance any extra dirt or contaminants entering the engine for little to no gains. Iā€™ve had an engine go on me with cylinder scoring from who knows what, but it did have an afe dry filter on it.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
For ease of service, a drop-in is probably not a bad idea. Otherwise, no real performance gains, as others have said. I'll probably go with a Green filter, when the time comes.
Surprised they don't have one out yet.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
You get about 7whp with a drop in if you're tuned. I just reinstalled my K&N filter, car definitely feels peppier. I may switch to the afe oil filter since I've seen the quality is a bit better than k&n.

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
Another K&N filter here. Easy drop-in filter. You can hear the induction sound a little better with it installed. For the price/performance I'm happy with it.
Have you noticed any drop in low end torque / throttle response? There are some BMW owners who have noticed that they have lost some power down low, but gained a little up top.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Have you noticed any drop in low end torque / throttle response? There are some BMW owners who have noticed that they have lost some power down low, but gained a little up top.
I've run the stock, K&N, and aFe filters (and have an HKS I need to install) and I haven't noticed any loss of power down low or gains up top. I have noticed a bit more induction noise when stomping the gas low in the rev range in a high gear.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I decided on BMC. After going back and forth so much between keeping with the stock filter or this brand or that brand I eventually threw my hands up and said, "If BMC is good enough for Porsche then it's good enough for me." As far as what difference did it make, I haven't noticed anything. That being said I'm no Niki Lauda.
Sponsored