Stock Air Box Mods

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
These mods add a little more sound of turbo spool & opens up engine bay. Anyone else remove the foam from bottom of box?

Whats interests me is the amount of dust below the air filter and foam

Mine looked like yours.. OE filter lacking in terms of filteration??

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
Whats interests me is the amount of dust below the air filter and foam

Mine looked like yours.. OE filter lacking in terms of filteration??
Thats from the air intake behind the headlight as I guess there is no screen. The air filter would catch that before it gets to turbo.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
If you want to hear it just throw in a cold air....
I know there will be more on the market in the future but wont that always be the case? My car is loud af with the aa dp and the awe resonated exhaust and i still hear the whine with the mst cold air.

the mst isnt perfect, it kind of pisses me off that the passenger side edge of the cover does not flow around the cable and despite them putting a rubber gasket on it as if it would meet the side of the engine bay, there is a gapping hole bigger than what a catholic school girl at the high school prom would experience, but at least there is some shielding unlike the upcoming hks variant that is just free to suck in all the hot engine air.

it is a trade off, from time to time you have to clean those filters so at least the mst one can be accessed without pulling out the whole box.

anyway, the sound is there and with the mods i have, the rear struggles for grip when i floor it even from a roll. I recommend laying down the $400 and ripping that factory airbox clean out.

Cycletech

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2019 RAV4 Limited
That chamber he pulled off is a sound generator I think. It gives the sound of a NA roar. I pretty sure that's what that was. not 100%

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
These mods add a little more sound of turbo spool & opens up engine bay. Anyone else remove the foam from bottom of box?

Go get yourself an aftermarket intake if you want louder sound. I used to do stuff like this and ghetto rig my 1993 Civicā€™s stock air box in the mid 90ā€™s bc I couldnā€™t afford an intake.

Last edited:

absaifan

First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mkv Supra, MKIV 2jz-gte, Q7, FJ Cruiser
If anyone gets the front bumper off, take videos and pics of the intake tubing that leads to he intake box

SnowCr4sh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hey! Im using a stock air box.
I have FTP Intake pipe, hks air filter, verus engineering air intake muffler delete.
Gives you good turbo sound like any other intake, gives you good iat + good filteration. Would recommend to anyone
Sponsored