Easy air intake resonator delete (keep stock look)

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
I personally don’t like the huge gap that is present with the verus cap. At the end of the day you won’t see the cork assuming you put the stock resonator back as I did. Just for the stock look while removing its functionality.
We can agree to disagree. Good luck.
Sponsored

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Exactly what I did. The Toyota air box is actually not a bad design. Get rid of the resonator, remove the foam baffling, and get an AFE high flow filter. I added a Verus shield and a Forge separator. Looks great. I honestly think the Toyota air box is flowing as much as an intake, but don't have data on that. See several guys running like this.

I sold my Injen and made this mod. The AM intakes use up a lot more space. Except for the CF ones that are crazy money.

A12EFB29-2DE0-46CA-A18E-C874D480C1D7.jpeg
Exactly what I did. The Toyota air box is actually not a bad design. Get rid of the resonator, remove the foam baffling, and get an AFE high flow filter. I added a Verus shield and a Forge separator. Looks great. I honestly think the Toyota air box is flowing as much as an intake, but don't have data on that. See several guys running like this.

I sold my Injen and made this mod. The AM intakes use up a lot more space. Except for the CF ones that are crazy money.

The Stock air box is fine it does what it is suppose to do. I was thinking of wrapping the airbox with Thermo-Tec to help as a heat barrier to keep things cool

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I have the Verus Turbo heat shield and the Verus resonator delete cap. What I noticed when inspecting the engine that Verus Cap is very hot and wonder if It increases IAT Temps???? The Verus heat shield runs cooler that this cap. Thinking of maybe wrapping it with some Heat shielding material like Thermo-Tec.

OP
OP
APanoMKV

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase

I would put an air oil separator but want to be as stock looking as possible thanks to California politicians :banghead: . I also heard somewhere the stock airbox doesn’t limit hp until 6-700whp ish.

Drvanloo

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I would put an air oil separator but want to be as stock looking as possible thanks to California politicians :banghead: . I also heard somewhere the stock airbox doesn’t limit hp until 6-700whp ish.
What AOS is that? It looks clean. Off topic, but I heard AOS / Catch Cans are not needed until a bigger turbo is added? Or just additional boost?