Easy Way to Display Temperature, Boost, etc.

OP
OP
Bassoonytoon

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
Update: I found the refresh rate on these gauges to be incredibly slow. I'm sure it's fine for things like temps, but it was unusable for me for anything that required real time feedback like boost and AFR.

Anybody else have a similar or different experience?

It was refreshing <= 1 time a second.
That’s too bad. What device are you using? For me, most gauges are fast (RPM is instantaneous) but boost and AFR will display for a split second before refreshing. That said, they do update several times per second.

There are a couple of things to try that could help.
  • In “Settings,” go to “Preferences” and then “Communication”
  • Make sure that “Fast Polling” is active and lower your dwell time to 0ms (if it’s not already)
  • You could also try changing your “Communication Type” to see if that helps (switching to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth depending on how you are currently connecting).
  • Make sure your app and the OBD module are both up to date.
Some gauges will have a “Number of Samples” selection in the “Display Configuration” tab. I doubt this is what is happening, but it is worth a look.

Finally, try creating a dash with only boost or AFR. Use a different kind of gauge than what you are currently using to see if this gives you a different result.

I hope one of these solves it for you.

Good luck!
Sponsored

Phantom Menace

First Name
Clive
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium in Phantom Matte Grey
I have an Obd link MX (not MX+) all I really want is coolant and oil temp (especially oil), and maybe IAT.
Will the MX get me these values from a 2022?