Cold air/Ram air**non premium

kfer

First Name
Feri
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
Welcome Feri! Checkout Razorlab’s build on a sweet intake manifold if you’re tracking. If drag, or adding lots of HP, checkout zrk’s build. Both those guys have done stellar jobs on sharing information if going that route.

@GoldenEye is where most of fall, clean and simple things we can do to our car w/out needing an engineering degree or pass a ASE certified mechanic test.

I used lava shield on straight pipes of my other cars. Keep that heat in. Great stuff!
Thanks for the tip. Now I've spent an hour reading through the 2 threads. It's really interesting!
Upgraded Manifold seems to be a must. I thought about that, but it was the first summer with the new turbo and now I've seen that under continuous load the IAT can go up to 70c, where the DME noticeably reduces the power. So it's time to order the Wagner manifold ( @razorlab has pretty good IATs with it).
I don't build for drag or track just for the street and fun. In terms of power, I'm already near the limit (we've tried a lot of maps with Pureboost ) because the cars in Europe have OPF + ethanol is not available here, so I'm on RON100 fuel. But when I see @zrk's numbers, I'm really jealous.... And now I hope I can stay strong and not go for meth injection.

Z4_maps_vs_stock.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
GoldenEye

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I don’t know why my temps are so low, but it says 70….you can see my car is fully warmed up and that’s after hard driving… @Jesse DaBears am I reading this wrong?
1696621577008.png

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I love this! I did something similar on my old EG8...

IMAG1993_1.jpg

..and yes, it's a polymer shower drain, and it's even "clocked" in a way that netted the airflow characteristics I was shooting for at the time, because when you have nothing but time, a shop vac, leaf blower, & fog machine at your disposal..why not?

We made several DIY systems with enclosures & heat shields over the years, and nicknamed them "iceboxes" because in the fall & winter, you could be out thrashing on the car, pull over, pop the hood, and the intake tube & plenum would be freezing cold to the touch.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Thanks for the tip. Now I've spent an hour reading through the 2 threads. It's really interesting!
Upgraded Manifold seems to be a must. I thought about that, but it was the first summer with the new turbo and now I've seen that under continuous load the IAT can go up to 70c, where the DME noticeably reduces the power. So it's time to order the Wagner manifold ( @razorlab has pretty good IATs with it).
I don't build for drag or track just for the street and fun. In terms of power, I'm already near the limit (we've tried a lot of maps with Pureboost ) because the cars in Europe have OPF + ethanol is not available here, so I'm on RON100 fuel. But when I see @zrk's numbers, I'm really jealous.... And now I hope I can stay strong and not go for meth injection.

Z4_maps_vs_stock.jpg
Zack (zrk) build for you! He has (someone made it) an ask zrk anything page. I’d start there since you’re pushing extra power.

I don’t know why my temps are so low, but it says 70….you can see my car is fully warmed up and that’s after hard driving… @Jesse DaBears am I reading this wrong?
1696621577008.png
Probably not. Is this while tracking? I’ve never had any problems overheating on the street with Jesse’s sweet custom map 6. He really knows how to dial it in perfectly. I can mash on the throttle all I want in town for freak on a leash Mode. Even down here in schweaty FloRida, in the summer 🥵
If you decide to go tracking, repeated full throttle 30 min sessions, get a co-pilot to do some logs for Jesse. I‘m sure he can optimize that as well. In fact, I can’t wait to try it.

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
1696621577008.png
Go under your user settings. Sounds like the IAT spoofing is active.
Sponsored