OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
First track day in the books. It was an absolute blast. Definitely making me think differently about my next mods and the direction I want to take my supra.

Attachments

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I have had some time to let my adrenaline levels drop a little bit but I wanted to reflect on the supra in my first track day with it. This is my first track day and luckily I had an instructor with me for each of my 6 runs. Overall I got about 80 miles of track driving based on my odometer. I 100% recommend everyone doing at least one track day in their supra. Doing this track day has made me want to pivot my build slightly to be more track focused than I wanted before.

Anyways I digress. Overall feel of the supra at Portland International Raceway felt really really good. OEM wheel and tire set up, sport mode, and all of the safeties on (I did hug the wall close enough for the car to think i was in a highway lane so go me).

I was most impressed with the handling of the supra. I absolutely loved going through the chicanes and 90 deg turns. Every way that I turned the steering wheel the car went in that direction.

The automatic transmission felt great and honestly I was in the correct gear for every situation i was in. Absolute great job by the team who all worked on this transmission and programming.

Stock tires and wheels felt great. As I get to a point of needing a new set of tires ill try something else to see what I think but overall great starting tire. It handled everything that my skill level could throw them.

CSF radiators. Ok so it was 95+ deg on tuesday and track temperature and everything was way hotter than that. For the 2 afternoon runs that were each about 20 minutes long. I had the air conditioning on and was driving as hard as i had been all day. The temperature gages didnt move at all. Air stayed cold the entire time. I felt really happy that i won that upgraded cooling package from CSF.

Brakes. Brakes. Brakes. This was my weakest thing of the day learning what the brakes are capable of. Overall they performed really well. The next track day will be me really focusing on being more smooth with the brakes and getting that muscle memory of how much I can press my brake pedal.

So my next anticipated mods? I am thinking towards the end of the year i would like to order a legit set of track wheels. I want my track wheels to have the 265s on the front and 285s on the rear. Other than that I am not sure. I want to have one more track day at this same set up now that I am more familiar with the car before any large mods. I just know that its going to be more track focused stuff.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Some solid pictures from the track day on Tuesday. Fenders held up perfectly and looked great. Now time to get some better looking track wheels.

From the last picture it seems i need to raise the rear just a little bit. It almost looks like the rear of the side skirt is dragging on the track. I checked and it definitely wasnt. Looks close though.

21-0601ProdriveTrackday0602.jpg
21-0601ProdriveTrackday3081.jpg
21-0601ProdriveTrackday0961.jpg
21-0601ProdriveTrackday1835.jpg
21-0601ProdriveTrackday1730.jpg

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Time for some small updates.

Second track day is scheduled for mid September.

After checking the vin on toyota's website it seems like I MIGHT have a tunable ECU. the date comes up as 04/2020 but the door jam says 06/2020. Need to check but that might be interesting. im going to have to look around the forums how to figure it out without taking the ECU out.

Trying to figure out what mods I want to order next but thinking about full suspension, swapping out the lowering springs for coilovers and a bunch of SPL parts.

Bunch of new pictures with the roof box on and everything so far installed.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
You can have a June ECU that is tunable or not tunable. If you have an ECU dated in June then you have to look at the build date of the car. The car will have a specific month/day/year that it was built. A tuner can pull that data for you. The info panel on the door only gives you the month/year. For example my car was finished on July 26th, 2020.

I don't think Toyota's VIN site gives a you a specific day, but it does show you what month your vehicle was ordered. In my case this was in May of 2020.

With that said, a very small amount of cars with June ECUs are tunable.

But like @zrk said. Check the ECU. If it's in May then you are in a good spot. If it's in June, then there are a few more hoops you've got to jump through to validate everything.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Second track day in the books at Portland International Raceway. I was able to improve my time by about 6 seconds from my first track day. Top speed today was 135mph on the front stretch and 127 on the rear stretch. Both are about 20mph improvements from my first track day as well. Absolutely love the car and continue to be impressed by it each day. Iā€™m done with track days for 2021 so itā€™s now starting to build for 2022 track days. I was able to keep up with almost everyone other than the

View attachment 51471

Attachments

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
Second track day in the books at Portland International Raceway. I was able to improve my time by about 6 seconds from my first track day. Top speed today was 135mph on the front stretch and 127 on the rear stretch. Both are about 20mph improvements from my first track day as well. Absolutely love the car and continue to be impressed by it each day. Iā€™m done with track days for 2021 so itā€™s now starting to build for 2022 track days. I was able to keep up with almost everyone other than the

View attachment 51471
Sorry, other than the? What cars were around during track day?

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, other than the? What cars were around during track day?
Oops. Didnā€™t realize I accidentally deleted that last sentence and didnā€™t finish re-writing it. The couple Porsche GT4/GT3 Iā€™m my group were difficult.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There were a couple BMW M3ā€™s in my group, a C7, and a couple porsches that I donā€™t know the numbering of but were the rear wheel drive variants

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
Oops. Didnā€™t realize I accidentally deleted that last sentence and didnā€™t finish re-writing it. The couple Porsche GT4/GT3 Iā€™m my group were difficult.
Porsches can be pretty quick. But that's not saying Supras aren't too since they also have some German DNA in there
Sponsored