Suggs.OR's Nocturnal Supra Build

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Was it a hardware adjustment to get the roof rack level or what did they do?
Sponsored

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you done any particularly long distance trips with the Thule cargo box? If so how was the experience?

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Have you done any particularly long distance trips with the Thule cargo box? If so how was the experience?
I have had the roof box on almost consistently and probably have around 6000 miles since around May 2021. I have not had any real issue with the box or the monkey bars and feel 100% confident in the set up. Ive done multiple road trips driving up to 8 hours a day on the highway and no issues. Ive done highway pulls to over triple digits and didnt move at all. I probably wouldnt do consistent high speeds in the triple digits for long though but thats just me(daily driven exotics I think got their car up to around 160 or so before the box flew off).

Im getting ready to take a cross country trip I wanted to take last year but was delayed unfortunately. The only inconvenience I had was a little bit of noise from the box due to being inclined, hence the reason for the rear spacers, and I cant open the rear hatch 100% but that doesnt bother me. The box would rattle just a little bit from catching the air while it was inclined. I visually check the suction cup suction (its pretty easy to tell if they have or are losing suction) each time before I get in the car quick. Maybe have to pump the suction cups once or twice once every week or so. No scratches, no issues with roof from the suction cups.

Now that I have the box level almost all of the rattling has disappeared and honestly you would never know its there. I love it. Its a great conversation starter. its unique. it adds so much space for road trips with the doggo.

Gas mileage takes a hit obviously but I blame that more on my heavy foot.

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have had the roof box on almost consistently and probably have around 6000 miles since around May 2021. I have not had any real issue with the box or the monkey bars and feel 100% confident in the set up. Ive done multiple road trips driving up to 8 hours a day on the highway and no issues. Ive done highway pulls to over triple digits and didnt move at all. I probably wouldnt do consistent high speeds in the triple digits for long though but thats just me(daily driven exotics I think got their car up to around 160 or so before the box flew off).

Im getting ready to take a cross country trip I wanted to take last year but was delayed unfortunately. The only inconvenience I had was a little bit of noise from the box due to being inclined, hence the reason for the rear spacers, and I cant open the rear hatch 100% but that doesnt bother me. The box would rattle just a little bit from catching the air while it was inclined. I visually check the suction cup suction (its pretty easy to tell if they have or are losing suction) each time before I get in the car quick. Maybe have to pump the suction cups once or twice once every week or so. No scratches, no issues with roof from the suction cups.

Now that I have the box level almost all of the rattling has disappeared and honestly you would never know its there. I love it. Its a great conversation starter. its unique. it adds so much space for road trips with the doggo.

Gas mileage takes a hit obviously but I blame that more on my heavy foot.
Awesome man. Thanks for the detail. I do plan on a cross country trip in the future and I'll lean into getting this as I'm doing a lot of research and prep work ahead of time. Definitely update the thread after your trip if you have the time, would love to know how it went.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update for the roof box. Sold the Thule Pulse Alpine box and upgraded to the Thule Vector M. Super happy with the way it turned out. It fits the car so much better. Last thing I need to do I think is add a front lip and the exterior will be complete.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
First update in a while. I was getting bored with the black and wanted to mix it up. This is the result.

inozetek metallic racing green looks absolutely beautiful on this car.

83D90298-FC1D-4384-8A95-26DA33AA227E.jpeg

A34EB498-D948-424B-96E6-CD7972D76289.jpeg

18292043-E2B0-4960-88D1-062DE350DAF8.jpeg

6CBC24FF-0AC0-437B-9E24-F7F831D342A7.jpeg

hiroki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium MT
Hey, just found this thread when I was looking for roof box options.

Just to clarify, these are what you got from Seasucker, right? Planning a road trip soon and need somewhere to store a tent and some sleeping bags.

Also, how bad is it on the mpg?

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, just found this thread when I was looking for roof box options.

Just to clarify, these are what you got from Seasucker, right? Planning a road trip soon and need somewhere to store a tent and some sleeping bags.

Also, how bad is it on the mpg?
Yep. I have the Seasucker monkey bars. I got some riser extensions made for the back but are not necessary. I used without for first 6 months.

I average between 22 and 25 mpg depending on how nice the weather is. 🤣

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Its been a couple months since I have been really able to do anything with the Supra. Over the past couple of weekends I was finally able to do some small interior upgrades. Did both Tadda's Improve OE Sub Bass/Eliminate Vibrations and Tadda's Improving OE Door Speakers. I wasnt sure how much of an improvement they were going to make but I am so happy with the results. There is a noticeable difference in the amount of road noise and the speaker system sounds so much better. Plus now there are a couple less rattles so small win there.

PDX-02.jpg

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Its been a couple months since I have been really able to do anything with the Supra. Over the past couple of weekends I was finally able to do some small interior upgrades. Did both Tadda's Improve OE Sub Bass/Eliminate Vibrations and Tadda's Improving OE Door Speakers. I wasnt sure how much of an improvement they were going to make but I am so happy with the results. There is a noticeable difference in the amount of road noise and the speaker system sounds so much better. Plus now there are a couple less rattles so small win there.

PDX-02.jpg
I've been really into the look of midengine cars with roof boxes lately and I gotta say, it looks bad ass on your Supra as well. Also, where did you get your wrap done? I've asked a couple shops in the Denver area and they all say they hate using Innozetek and aren't willing to install anything but Avery or 3M because the Innozetek film is supposedly hard to work with. I want to wrap mine in their midnight metallic blue but I need to find a shop that is willing to use that brand of film.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been really into the look of midengine cars with roof boxes lately and I gotta say, it looks bad ass on your Supra as well. Also, where did you get your wrap done? I've asked a couple shops in the Denver area and they all say they hate using Innozetek and aren't willing to install anything but Avery or 3M because the Innozetek film is supposedly hard to work with. I want to wrap mine in their midnight metallic blue but I need to find a shop that is willing to use that brand of film.
Thanks!

I got it done at a one man operation here in PDX and he is booked out for about 6 months. So i cant really help you there unfortunately.

I get a lot of questions asking if it is paint and people are surprised its a wrap. A lot of places around here are the same way and dont want to use inozetek.

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Thanks!

I got it done at a one man operation here in PDX and he is booked out for about 6 months. So i cant really help you there unfortunately.

I get a lot of questions asking if it is paint and people are surprised its a wrap. A lot of places around here are the same way and dont want to use inozetek.
Yeah part of the reason I want to use their film is because of the extra glossiness it has and it truly does look like paint whereas some vinyl wraps you can tell they are vinyl and not paint.

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
Yep. I have the Seasucker monkey bars. I got some riser extensions made for the back but are not necessary. I used without for first 6 months.

I average between 22 and 25 mpg depending on how nice the weather is. 🤣
Hey man, happen to have a picture of the extensions you had made? I just put mine on and knew someone else on here would have thought the same.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Exciting updates after nothing for the last couple months. Roof box is sold. Work wheels are sold. Version 2.0 of the supra build begins today! Wheels and tires are going to be first. Ordered a set of Titan7 T-R10 wheels, techna bronze, in the 18" squared set up. Second is going to be a set of MCS coilovers and getting the suspension set up. Once those two things are all squared away I am going to start getting back into the power mods. The end of 2023 into 2024 is going to be an exciting year.
Sponsored