Suggs.OR's Nocturnal Supra Build

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Super happy with how the sea sucker roof rack and thule box turned out. Going to get the box wrapped soon.
How is the roof after using the sea sucker? Notice any indentions or Lasting marking? I’ll be going the airlift route but was looking at the sea sucker / Thule setup to carry golf clubs. :) TIA
Sponsored

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
How is the roof after using the sea sucker? Notice any indentions or Lasting marking? I’ll be going the airlift route but was looking at the sea sucker / Thule setup to carry golf clubs. :) TIA
Roof looks like there has been nothing on it. No marks or indents. Most I had to do was use a microfiber cloth while washing the car to get rid of some built up dirt that wouldnt come off just spraying it with a hose.

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Roof looks like there has been nothing on it. No marks or indents. Most I had to do was use a microfiber cloth while washing the car to get rid of some built up dirt that wouldnt come off just spraying it with a hose.
I was hoping for a positive reply. :thumbsup:What size Thule do you have? Thanks

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was hoping for a positive reply. :thumbsup:What size Thule do you have? Thanks
I have the Thule Pulse Alpine Roof Box box. Here is the link to what I purchased for the dimensional specs. REI Link

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Some fun and exciting news! I finally confirmed my ECU has a production date in March 2020 so all I need is a bench unlock and then I can tune my 2021. It looks like I have a unicorn.

I got the recall completed last week and really enjoying the full screen apple car play. I still slowly am getting my bimmercode settings back to where they were before but thats not a huge issue.

Will probably start tuning around December due to work but will give me time to get an air intake and charge pipe in the meantime.

I can hear my wallet starting to cry already... time to start my ramen diet.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Its a good thing you got the update before the tune. Needing to pay twice for a tune sucks.

-RJM

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Its a good thing you got the update before the tune. Needing to pay twice for a tune sucks.

-RJM
That was the thought. Prior to this I always assumed locked ecu so worst was that I stayed locked with the recall or the better option that happened I always had an unlocked ecu and would need a bench unlock either way after the recall.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
Dope looking car man. I love the Thule Box, makes me want to do it but don't want to copy cat. Thulebox paint matched to the car would be sick though.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dope looking car man. I love the Thule Box, makes me want to do it but don't want to copy cat. Thulebox paint matched to the car would be sick though.
I appreciate it! Don’t ever worry about being a copy cat. If you like the idea I say 100% go for it. It’s unique and it’s an awesome addition that comes in handy a lot.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally ordered the remote bench unlock, ecutek Bluetooth package, and a 91 pump gas tune. Still going to be a little bit but DP and tune slated to go on mid December when my schedule opens back up. Can’t wait to see what my 2021 will do.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Haha I just followed you on ig after that pic with your doggo haha

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So much happening with the supra today. Dropped it off at the shop this morning. Active Autowerks DP plus pump gas tune from Jeff Payne is finally going on after waiting the last month. Im getting the rear adjustable springs raised a little bit (rear was sitting slightly low). Then the thing Im probably most excited for is we think we have a way to raise the rear of the roof box on the seasucker monkey bars so the roof box sits more level. Time to wait patiently for the call to come pick it up.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up the Supra yesterday evening. Super impressed with the catted downpipe and tune. The burbles sound great and cant wait to hear what the car sounds like at the track. Lots of rain and lots of traffic so havent really been able to do much yet. Definitely a louder idle (no surprise) but the sound is so good. In the little bit I have been able to experience the car drives more smooth and is definitely a little quicker. Ive been trying to get a good quality recording on my phone but keep failing so once i have something of quality i will post that.

The funny thing I did notice... I accidently had the auto start/stop in normal mode turned on. When the car shut off and then started back up it does not sound great. It sounds so much more noticeable. I didnt notice it much previously and it never really bothered me that much. This will be a bimmercode fix though.

LOVING the roof rack being fully level. it looks 10x better now in my opinion and opens up a lot of things I can do now.
Sponsored