Supra Brake Assist Engine Recall

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
That’s great to hear, and very helpful! Sounds like the absurdly priced ECU unlocks aren’t needed, unless you’re wanting to use bm3/MHD and swap maps like socks, a trip to Litchfield might be on the cards.
Sounding like a West Coast Supra trip down to Litchfield’s needs planned for next year ??
Sponsored

djbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Pro
I've been happy with Litchfield. They didn't charge for removing the map or putting it back on, so all I paid for was a dyno run after it was re-applied.
I take it Toyota didn't mention anything about the car being mapped previously when you put the car in with them for the recall?

I know BMW can apparently tell now if a car has been mapped at all, so was wondering if Toyota would be the same.

I've heard people say Toyota aren't as strict as BMW with tuning and mods though.

OP
OP
Sunstorm

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
I take it Toyota didn't mention anything about the car being mapped previously when you put the car in with them for the recall?

I know BMW can apparently tell now if a car has been mapped at all, so was wondering if Toyota would be the same.

I've heard people say Toyota aren't as strict as BMW with tuning and mods though.
They didn't say anything about it being mapped, but it's fairly clear it's modified (intake, struts, exhaust and louvres), so I imagine if it was a warranty issue they might have been different.

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro

It’s not just BMW, any and probably all manufactures can pretty easily tell cars have been mapped these day, even with maps removed and ‘undetectable’ etc, there’s still ways they can be found

Hopefully it’s just the dealers being a bit more ‘friendly’ with customers over mods and maps to a degree ??

SVR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Had mine done, Took them a few hours to do.
Nothing bad to report, just a few things needed setting up again and lost a few bimmercode options.
Nothing noticeable in driving differences, I also already had the Carplay full screen update done elsewhere beforehand.

Can't comment on the Tuning side as I have it stock.
did you lose CarPlay after the update

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
did you lose CarPlay after the update
No nothing got removed with the update for me. I heard some others might of had this issue but didn't face it myself.

SVR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
No nothing got removed with the update for me. I heard some others might of had this issue but didn't face it myself.
okay thanks

Reactions: Dan
OP
OP
Sunstorm

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So mine is back in with the dealer this week to have the recall done. It turns out that when they had it in October they didn't complete the recall. They'd swapped the tyres (I had a puncture the day before) and that was it.

Ofcourse I didn't find this out until a couple of weeks ago when I got a letter through saying the recall was outstanding...

So it was back down to Litchfield to have them take the map off again (they were super helpful about it and didn't charge for doing it a second time). It still leaves me with a stock map and I'll need to make another trip down to Litchfield at some point to have it mapped back.

It's no wonder people don't use dealers for anything unless they absolutly have to.

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
So mine is back in with the dealer this week to have the recall done. It turns out that when they had it in October they didn't complete the recall. They'd swapped the tyres (I had a puncture the day before) and that was it.

Ofcourse I didn't find this out until a couple of weeks ago when I got a letter through saying the recall was outstanding...

So it was back down to Litchfield to have them take the map off again (they were super helpful about it and didn't charge for doing it a second time). It still leaves me with a stock map and I'll need to make another trip down to Litchfield at some point to have it mapped back.

It's no wonder people don't use dealers for anything unless they absolutly have to.
How are you finding the Litchfield tune?

OP
OP
Sunstorm

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How are you finding the Litchfield tune?
I love it, the increase in torque makes a huge difference to how it goes.

It does mean the traction control is kicking in much more, especially in damp/cold weather, but having gone back to the stock map for a while it just feels lacking.

I was going to look at getting the geometry looked at as I've heard that can help with the rear traction.
Sponsored