Supra Coding Step By Step

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
@CarGuy11 and whoever else contributed, that was a good find on the Sport+ setting! I finally got around to coding for it. I gotta say it's like putting a sprint booster on the car. The throttle is very sensitive and can be jumpy if you don't have smooth input with your foot.

But at the same time, I didn't code for the SportExpert setting, but instead coded for for the XtraBoost feature. I figured why be on level 0x02 when I could be on level 0x17 instead!

Overall it essentially decreases the throttle lag and already spools up the turbo a little. You can really hear the turbo sounds with this setting! Even at idle you can hear the turbo spooling. It's even more pronounced when you drop the hammer. It's very addicting to hear the turbo whine when you gas it and then hear all the crackles when you let off. I'm gonna run this setting for awhile and see how I like it.
Is this comparison you're making between the XtraBoost vs. SportExpert? Or XtraBoost vs. Stock? And is overall performance at full throttle the same and this mostly changes the responsiveness? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Reactions: CJ-

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Is this comparison you're making between the XtraBoost vs. SportExpert? Or XtraBoost vs. Stock? And is overall performance at full throttle the same and this mostly changes the responsiveness? Thanks in advance.
I didn't even mess with the SportExpert mode. I went directly with XtraBoost as it immediately caught my attention as soon as I saw it. It was like the big red glowing "Do Not Push" button so I had to push it.

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
XtraBoost is for the hybrid models. Adds more electric motors assist. Not sure what it does without EV motor but seems like its similar to Sport +. What does screen display?

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
XtraBoost is for the hybrid models. Adds more electric motors assist. Not sure what it does without EV motor but seems like its similar to Sport +. What does screen display?
Agh, good info! So I guess it just defaulted to SportExpert mode since the car doesn't have electric motors. I will just code it to that so I don't risk throwing any codes or future issues.

Currently with the XtraBoost setting the screen displays the same as yours. The Sport Plus setting shows up as the choices under Transmission and Throttle.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The M cars have Sport Plus on all 4 settings (Damper, Steering, Throttle, Transmission). Since we can code for 2 of those settings have you had any luck with the other 2 settings? In particular the Damper is what I would like.

I noticed there are 3 FESAdaptiveWorldModes (0, 1, & 2). Have you activated these? I wander if it would activate the damper and steering for Sport Plus. The screen shots show that it doesn't have an option to hit aktiv.

But at the bottom of the selection you could put a custom code in. In this case code 0x01 usually means aktiv on bimmercode. I'm assuming its the steering and damper as BMW refers to those systems as Adaptive. Have you tried this or do you have any insight into what the Adaptive Setting is for?

adaptive0.jpg
adaptive1.jpg
adaptive2.jpg

adaptive1.jpg

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^^^ Well I can say I coded Comfort Plus mode & it did NOT make the suspension more compliant. I believe our adaptive suspension only has 2 settings.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Update:

I played around with all 3 FESAdaptiveWorldModes (0, 1, & 2). I coded them with code (0x01) which usually means aktiv on bimmercode. I didn't notice any change or other features getting activated. I'm wondering if there is a second setting somewhere that might allow it to show up on the headunit to engage it. I will continue to mess around with it and see what I can find.

Now that I'm writing this, I glanced up at the earlier post and I wonder if I should have tried code (0x02) instead of (0x01). (0x01) means active but code (0x02) was the code that was used to activate the Sport Extra mode listed above. I will try that code next time and report back how it goes.

Update:

2 Days later - I tried custom coding the FESAdaptiveWorldModes with: (0x01), (0x02), and (0x0A). I could not get any of them to activate anything. So it's back to the drawing board as far as this feature goes.

Last edited:

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
However, I did code for this and it showed up on the iDrive system. I don't remember how I found this setting so I will have to retrace my steps as I was in/out of a lot of menu/submenus.

I will test it out tomorrow and see if really works. It's supposed to enable the side bolsters to loosen/stiffen when doing dynamic driving. I'll be on the hunt for some curves tomorrow to see if I notice anything actually working or if it's just the display being shown.

Update: (next day) I went for a test drive and could not notice anything happening with the bolsters. Ideally I was expecting them to squeeze when needed. I tried several different scenarios: high speeds, curves, and combo of both. Unfortunately, nothing happened. I also went back into the coding to see if there was a submenu somewhere that probably needed to be activated too. I could not find it anywhere but I'm sure it's probably buried in there somewhere. As for now this feature still needs more testing.

85654654.jpg

Last edited:

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I did play around with coding to darken the mirrors at night (side and rearview). It allows you to adjust the electrostatic charge to darken the mirrors more to your personal preference. This is especially useful since the cars are low and have bright led trucks/suvs blasting into your face. It also helps out if you have tint on your windows too!

NOTE: Once you code for these you won't be able to tell a difference until you actually have a car shining its lights into the rearview mirror. But you will notice a big difference in how dark the mirrors will get.

There are 3 settings that you have to change (all are found under Expert Mode):

(1) BDC >> 3120 PfInternalMirror >>
(2) ISP_HECKSCHEIBE >> set to Dunkel
  • This tells the computer that you have tinted windows so it will be more sensitive to light that comes into the cabin and hits the rearview mirror.
(3) CODDT_00_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN >> set to custom number anywhere from 20-39
  • This affects the Dim Ratio of Side-View mirrors based on sensor in Rearview Mirror
  • Max Setting = 39
  • The higher the number the darker the tint on the mirrors
  • I used 30 as my starting point and will adjust it later if needed but you will definitely tell a difference
  • (factory setting = wert_01 = 0x20)
(4) CODDT_01_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN >> set to custom number anywhere from 20-39
  • This adjusts the Dim Ratio of the Rearview Mirror
  • Same as above, adjust this number to your preference.

223416354.jpg

1654654.jpg

516516541.jpg

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice job! So are you saying the stock setting is the lightest you can go? I actually covered my mirror sensor because I don’t want it to tint because I have dark tinted windows. It would be great to still have mirror tint if glare is very bright.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2005 Z4
Anyone happen to have seen anything that would activate the rearview camera anytime the car turns the parking sensor system on? The option is there in the menus, but not on by default.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
@CarGuy11 I didn't even think about decreasing the tint factor. For my purposes, I needed the mirrors darker and only focused on that. But in the settings there is a (wert-02) that came up as an option. This had a value (0x08) as you can see in the pic above. If you are wanting to decrease the tinting effect I would recommend trying this value and see how it works. I would also stay in (Hell) mode as the (Dunkel) makes the mirror more sensitive to light. So try these settings:

Tip: You can also set the side mirror a different independent value from the rearview mirror if you wanted to do that. For example, if you only wanted the side mirror to change then adjust that value to a higher/lower number. The numbers do not have to match on the 00_SCAL and 01_SCAL.

(2) ISP_HECKSCHEIBE >> leave in Hell
(3) CODDT_00_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN >> try Wert_02 (0x08) value
  • This will affect the side mirror tint.
  • The lighter the number should hopefully decrease the tinting affect.
(4) CODDT_01_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN >> try Wert_02 (0x08) value

Let us know how that works out!

Last edited:

thunderous_rs

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Audi RS6, 2019 Audi RS4, 2005 Evo 8 MR
Hi All

Apologies if this has been covered but I need a little help. Just received my new Supra GR which is a JDM import and found I can't use my radio due to frequency limitations. Has / does anyone know how to code the system using Bimmercode to change the region.

I would like to alter the region to Oceania (Australia)

thunderous_rs

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Audi RS6, 2019 Audi RS4, 2005 Evo 8 MR
@CarGuy11 I didn't even think about decreasing the tint factor. For my purposes, I needed the mirrors darker and only focused on that. But in the settings there is a (wert-02) that came up as an option. This had a value (0x08) as you can see in the pic above. If you are wanting to decrease the tinting effect I would recommend trying this value and see how it works. I would also stay in (Hell) mode as the (Dunkel) makes the mirror more sensitive to light. So try these settings:

Tip: You can also set the side mirror a different independent value from the rearview mirror if you wanted to do that. For example, if you only wanted the side mirror to change then adjust that value to a higher/lower number. The numbers do not have to match on the 00_SCAL and 01_SCAL.

(2) ISP_HECKSCHEIBE >> leave in Hell
(3) CODDT_00_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN >> try Wert_02 (0x08) value
  • This will affect the side mirror tint.
  • The lighter the number should hopefully decrease the tinting affect.
(4) CODDT_01_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN >> try Wert_02 (0x08) value

Let us know how that works out!
Been watching your YouTube posts... big fan! very informative and appreciate the content!

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hi All

Apologies if this has been covered but I need a little help. Just received my new Supra GR which is a JDM import and found I can't use my radio due to frequency limitations. Has / does anyone know how to code the system using Bimmercode to change the region.

I would like to alter the region to Oceania (Australia)

When I was in there coding a few days ago, I did come across the option to change which country the car was located in. So I would say yes it probably could be changed. As far as what options you need to change or how many submenus you will need to code I'm not exactly sure.

If I remember correctly I think I even saw the radio frequency codes so you could probably just change that one code and you'd be all set.
Sponsored