Supra Coding Step By Step

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
@thunderous_rs I was just looking around in demo mode to see if I could recall where I saw the settings and I think I found it for you.

Go to:
Headunit >> 3002 Audio_Tuner_Traffic
Radio_Country >> Select Australien (0x03)

Post up how this works out for you!

654654.jpg
465465465.jpg
Sponsored

thunderous_rs

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Audi RS6, 2019 Audi RS4, 2005 Evo 8 MR
@thunderous_rs I was just looking around in demo mode to see if I could recall where I saw the settings and I think I found it for you.

Go to:
Headunit >> 3002 Audio_Tuner_Traffic
Radio_Country >> Select Australien (0x03)

Post up how this works out for you!

654654.jpg
465465465.jpg
HOLY CRAP... you guys are seriously the best! I am gonna try this out tomorrow morning when I get the chance. really appreciate it!

Now, if only there was a way to update the location of the GPS because the map keeps showing Japan. Sigh! If only the local dealer brought in the Supras or if BMW was able to assist.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Now, if only there was a way to update the location of the GPS because the map keeps showing Japan. Sigh! If only the local dealer brought in the Supras or if BMW was able to assist.
You can update the GPS too while you're in there. I pretty sure I remember seeing that in there also!

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I just looked in demo mode and saw that they also had System Settings listed in there and one of the selections was for Australia. You might have to select that too to work.

Essentially, I would just go through all the menu's in Headunit/GPS and change any of them that have Australia as an option.

This one was under:

Headunit >> 3004 System_Einstellungen (means System Settings)
Country >> Australien (0x01)

8853.jpg
8854.jpg

thunderous_rs

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just looked in demo mode and saw that they also had System Settings listed in there and one of the selections was for Australia. You might have to select that too to work.

Essentially, I would just go through all the menu's in Headunit/GPS and change any of them that have Australia as an option.

This one was under:

Headunit >> 3004 System_Einstellungen (means System Settings)
Country >> Australien (0x01)

8853.jpg
8854.jpg
Owh man, if only I was living up in your neck of the woods, Iā€™d buy you lunch.

really appreciate your help and will most definitely try it out later today.

have a great day and week.

Note to self: donā€™t F it up.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
With more miles and various driving events under my belt, I was digging around forums and in bimmercode for a while with not so much luck to find a way to keep the exhaust valves open like in Sport mode but with normal mode throttle mapping.

Did I miss the solution to that somewhere? :confused:

thunderous_rs

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can update the GPS too while you're in there. I pretty sure I remember seeing that in there also!
Hi Bud,

Just wanted to thank you again for being such a legend. Your guide for the fm and the sports plus (somewhere in this thread) has been super helpful and everything works well.

Only thing I am having a slight problem locating is the GPS protocol.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
With more miles and various driving events under my belt, I was digging around forums and in bimmercode for a while with not so much luck to find a way to keep the exhaust valves open like in Sport mode but with normal mode throttle mapping.

Did I miss the solution to that somewhere? :confused:
On BMWs, there is a plug underneath than can be unplugged when you blip the throttle to keep the valve open. There is also a plug blank sold to cover it.

I assume it is a similar procedure on the Supra but not sure about coding it.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Only thing I am having a slight problem locating is the GPS protocol.
Try these (2) settings for GPS protocol. I'm not sure if they will work but it looks logical to me.

(1) Headunit >> Navigation
Country >> Select Australien (0x01)

You can maybe activate this too. It might allow the GPS to just get the date direct from the satellite.

(2) Headunit >> Navigation
System_GPS_Receiver >> Select Aktiv (0x01)

I hope this does the trick for you. Let us know how it goes.

123.jpg
1234.jpg
456.jpg
4567.jpg

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
@CarGuy11 I didn't even think about decreasing the tint factor. For my purposes, I needed the mirrors darker and only focused on that. But in the settings there is a (wert-02) that came up as an option. This had a value (0x08) as you can see in the pic above. If you are wanting to decrease the tinting effect I would recommend trying this value and see how it works. I would also stay in (Hell) mode as the (Dunkel) makes the mirror more sensitive to light. So try these settings:

Tip: You can also set the side mirror a different independent value from the rearview mirror if you wanted to do that. For example, if you only wanted the side mirror to change then adjust that value to a higher/lower number. The numbers do not have to match on the 00_SCAL and 01_SCAL.

(1) BDC >> 3120 PfInternalMirror >>
(2) ISP_HECKSCHEIBE >> leave in Hell
(3) CODDT_00_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN >> try Wert_02 (0x08) value
  • This will affect the side mirror tint.
  • The lighter the number should hopefully decrease the tinting affect.
(4) CODDT_01_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN >> try Wert_02 (0x08) value
  • This adjusts the Dim Ratio of the Rearview Mirror

Let us know how that works out!
Hmm I lowered CODDT_01_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN to (0x01) & didnā€™t change dim level. Can test with shining flashlight at rear view mirror. Wonder if there is a way to turn off completely?

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hmm I lowered CODDT_01_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN to (0x01) & didnā€™t change dim level. Can test with shining flashlight at rear view mirror. Wonder if there is a way to turn off completely?
Try changing to "Dunkel" and see if that makes a difference with the lower value.
ISP_HECKSCHEIBE >> set to "Dunkel"

Did you also try the wert_02 value of (0x08)? That might be the lowest setting possibly. Offhand, I don't recall seeing a way to deactivate the dimming feature.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
@CarGuy11 and whoever else contributed, that was a good find on the Sport+ setting! I finally got around to coding for it. I gotta say it's like putting a sprint booster on the car. The throttle is very sensitive and can be jumpy if you don't have smooth input with your foot.
~ I can select this setting on our 2018 MB GLC43 and it can become a bucking bronco if your not smooth on the accelerator. Almost overly sensitive. I run in Sport mode 99% of the time for the quick shifts, rev matching and cracking of the exhaust. A fun vehicle when room is needed for more than a party of 2.

B6E93A44-7EB2-4AF7-850C-9DA84CE9DBE4.jpeg

8B710435-E835-4A2F-8590-95536C91EDE1.jpeg

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
Try changing to "Dunkel" and see if that makes a difference with the lower value.
ISP_HECKSCHEIBE >> set to "Dunkel"

Did you also try the wert_02 value of (0x08)? That might be the lowest setting possibly. Offhand, I don't recall seeing a way to deactivate the dimming feature.
Tried again and still doesn't dim unfortunately. Are you sure yours got darker? I can't imagine it getting much darker lol.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Tried again and still doesn't dim unfortunately. Are you sure yours got darker? I can't imagine it getting much darker lol.
Yeah absolutely mine got darker, I will try to post up some before/after pics when I get a chance. I know you were looking to diminish the tinging affect but did you try a code of 0x30 to see if they darken more for you? I'll play around with lower numbers to see if there is a cutoff number that I can notice as I didn't try any numbers lower than 20. Will report back with my findings.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Is it possible to have the car start up in ā€œIndividualā€ versus sport mode (currently).
Sponsored