Supra - Digital Gauge/Speedometer Question

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I would also love to be able to see every MPH as I'm driving as well. Basically OP is wanting a higher polling rate for the speedometer. Dodge/Jeep/FIAT does a really good job with this. The refresh and polling rate on the speedometer is super quick. The Supra seems like it's polling the speed at 2hz or two checks per second.
2hz? You really think it’s that slow? I don’t think it’s 2hz slow. Maybe 15-20, but 2hz?
Sponsored

steeloyangster

First Name
Steel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' WRX, 17' Forester XT, 21' Supra 3.0
2hz? You really think it’s that slow? I don’t think it’s 2hz slow. Maybe 15-20, but 2hz?
Haven't really tried counting but maybe 5hz max. If it was 15-20 it'd probably achieve most of what I'd want.

A way to test this is to record the speedometer while driving and count how many updates/refreshes per second while accelerating.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Haven't really tried counting but maybe 5hz max. If it was 15-20 it'd probably achieve most of what I'd want.

A way to test this is to record the speedometer while driving and count how many updates/refreshes per second while accelerating.
Not to get too into it, but the refresh rate of the display (hz/fps) is going to be different than how ofter then value is updated by the CPU.

iusman93

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra GR3.0
Anyone else feels like the blank space in the middle is wasted *Above the Odo reading* - I am not sure if can be utizlied, I have seen the "red car ahead" warning pop up there, so I know it's a screen and not a blank pannel.

Is there a way to configure anything in it or does it just remain blank the whole time. It would be awesome to have one of the sports displays feature in it or something!

1625723431924.png

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I mean, it is already utilized.. It displays directions there from the nav, radio stations, etc (same info is displayed on the HUD but I guess not everyone uses HUD). What info do you desire to be displayed there?

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I wear polarized sunglasses, which makes the HUD practically useless. I also don't like how the HUD blocks my vision on hilly country during nighttime driving, which I often find myself in. So I turned it off. All of the relevant information is displayed in this area when the HUD is disabled. Just personal preference, but I like the setup better.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
You can make it display oil temps. Easy to follow videos on YouTube

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I mean, it is already utilized.. It displays directions there from the nav, radio stations, etc (same info is displayed on the HUD but I guess not everyone uses HUD). What info do you desire to be displayed there?

Really?? I've never seen anything show there other than the Red Car emergency braking thing.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
It can display oil temperatures.

I somehow remember seeing power and torque figures on this display in a review video. Maybe I'm imagining things.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Really?? I've never seen anything show there other than the Red Car emergency braking thing.
Saw it yesterday :dunno:

Nav is always displayed there when active - it's kind of redundant as it's displayed on HUD, Gauge and infotainment screen... (unless you use CarPlay then obviously it isn't displayed on HUD or the gauge). For radio station switching to be displayed there, I think you might need to turn off your HUD (where this is customarily displayed)

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
It can display oil temperatures.

I somehow remember seeing power and torque figures on this display in a review video. Maybe I'm imagining things.
I'm not sure but those are available in the sports display so I'm not sure why there would be that option... then again the nav options show there for no good reason as @Tsar just stated... so it's possible. I've only ever used it for the temp data (my VIN makes my unlock code 19... so I don't do it very often).

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Saw it yesterday :dunno:

Nav is always displayed there when active - it's kind of redundant as it's displayed on HUD, Gauge and infotainment screen... (unless you use CarPlay then obviously it isn't displayed on HUD or the gauge). For radio station switching to be displayed there, I think you might need to turn off your HUD (where this is customarily displayed)
Oh ok I have my HUD on so that makes sense. Ill try turning it off and see if it shows on there just for the sake of seeing it lol

iusman93

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra GR3.0
Exactly.Had no clue about the rest of the info on there, thank you so much guys!!
Sponsored