Supra facelift discussion thread

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
We were told the facelift would be the 2023 MY and arrive sometime in mid 2022. I believe Toyota visits the forums and such to gather feedback. So what would you guys like to see addressed with a refresh?

Some of the request I have seen online.
1. Factory wing/more A80 styling cues
2. Blend in the fake door vent
3. Do something about the mirrors/wind buffeting
4. Try to make the interior more driver-focused

facelift.jpg
Sponsored

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I highly doubt we're going to see a major overhaul inside. It will probably just get a new steering wheel, shifter and a full LCD gauge cluster. Little updates here and there, nothing to major.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
We were told the facelift would be the 2023 MY and arrive sometime in mid 2022. I believe Toyota visits the forums and such to gather feedback. So what would you guys like to see addressed with a refresh?

Some of the request I have seen online.
1. Factory wing/more A80 styling cues
2. Blend in the fake door vent
3. Do something about the mirrors/wind buffeting
4. Try to make the interior more driver-focused

facelift.jpg
So essentially you want a MK4 Supra?

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I'd love a central mounted exhaust but I also love the reverse light location...

Howabout making the hood and bumper vents functional? Especially the vents on the edges of the front bumper, would make for a great brake cooler.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Realistic changes:

1) the obvious one would be to do something from the factory to fix the wind buffeting thing by using a more sporty looking mirror. I feel the stock mirror could use some styling improvements.

Unrealistic changes:
1)Remove the locked ECU.... didnt they say they wanted people to have the ability to modify these?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
How much more do you want the interior to be driver focused?? Put the passenger on the roof?

The car is modeled after a Formula One car. The nose and the "wings" on the front bumper are to resemble the front wing, the reverse light a rain light on an F1 car, and the side "vents" resemble the side pods. The wrap around red leather in the LE is to resemble the cockpit. That's why the passenger door is black.

Can't see anything to focus it more.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I'd love a central mounted exhaust but I also love the reverse light location...

Howabout making the hood and bumper vents functional? Especially the vents on the edges of the front bumper, would make for a great brake cooler.
Same here, very Porsche like.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
I would be curious if they will remove the nose. From what we can see it has been eliminated on the camo 2nd gen 86 prototype.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
this late in the game i think they would have already frozen the final design for the LCI. also i dont think we're gonna see a massive refresh like with the XV50 Camry or 3rd gen Lexus IS. past Z4s only saw revise lights and bumpers.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Facelifts for both the E85 and E89 occurred 4 years after the initial launch, so wouldn't that mean 2024 is when the Supra receives an update? :dunno:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Facelifts for both the E85 and E89 occurred 4 years after the initial launch, so wouldn't that mean 2024 is when the Supra receives an update? :dunno:
The model is supposedly getting a 6 year run, so a face-lift would be in 2023 for the 2024 model year at the halfway point.
Sponsored