Supra Happy Anniversary! Thoughts and km? / 1st Year Ownership Impressions

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
Sounds like everyone is enjoying there's for the most part. That's good!

I have read more then a few complaints about interior trim and body panel noise. How is the body integrity holding up?
So far I have some plastic'y squeaky noises coming from the plastic cover over where the driver's side seat belt goes in. You can hear that sometimes when driving. The door cards do not feel 100% solid and pushing on them has the same cheap plastic'y creaking sound. As far as driving around, no noises from the dash area or anything that is too noticeable. It's really really quiet compared to the racket my FR-S made after many years of ownership. Only time will tell how things hold up though.
The interior noises seem to be a common issue which is frustrating. I feel like at this price point that should not be an issue. I drove a couple used Cayman's over the weekend and they were nice and solid for the most part. One had existing sub wires and I felt like the interior was more rattily on that one probably from having the sub, loosened everything up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Well after a week of ownership I can say I absolutely love mine lol. Trying my hardest to keep the rpms low until the 1200 mile break in; currently at 450 miles on the do.
I'm in the same exact boat. I've got 475 miles on mine, owned it about 6 weeks. Work has been extremely busy so I haven't found time to really drive. But every chance I have, I try to get a few miles in.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I've had mine for about exactly a year now.
  • I was the first to have my car serviced at my dealership and they had me leave it over-night for an oil change and inspection. Hopefully, this isn't a bad sign of things to come if anything more serious needs to be addressed.
This is one of the things im a little nervous on. When I bought my car from the Toyota dealership, I feel like I knew more about the car than they did. Even though I have free maintenance for a while, I'm tempted to just do the work myself.

I've got family members who work at a BMW dealership, I'd feel more comfortable bringing it there since they know plenty about the b58 engine compared to the kids working on Camry's over at Toyota.

Mehster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
This is one of the things im a little nervous on. When I bought my car from the Toyota dealership, I feel like I knew more about the car than they did. Even though I have free maintenance for a while, I'm tempted to just do the work myself.

I've got family members who work at a BMW dealership, I'd feel more comfortable bringing it there since they know plenty about the b58 engine compared to the kids working on Camry's over at Toyota.
Well to be fair to my dealer, they just didn't have the correct oil or filter on hand. I had my FR-S there for years and they always did good work so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I had some similar experiences when I got my FR-S as a first model year vehicle. The dealers will get caught up and get their guys trained eventually.

If you do your first Toyota Care service, don't look at what your bill would be haha. The cost of the oil change was a shocker. It may make you want to do it yourself anyway...

Cybermoose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium, 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe, 2015 Kia Soul +
It is still getting quite a bit of attention and feel like I need to be careful where I park it and leave it. I'll be glad when that dies down a bit and I'm not always nervous about where I leave it.
Maybe it's because I don't daily drive mine and it sits in a garage, but I tend to enjoy the attention. Way more often than not, when I go to the grocery I'll park it in the back where it's pretty visible from the road, and end up with some kid (either like a 12 year old with their parents walking by or a 20 year old in a modded FR-S or something) looking at it when I get back. It makes them happy! That makes me happy. There's nothing like watching some kid's mouth go agape when you drive down the street. It's fun!

I haven't really noticed the rattles too much, but I tend to have a lot of crap floating around in my cars anyway like pens and whatnot. I do plan on trying to get an audio place to do the deadening stuff referenced elsewhere on this forum, though. The Bimmercode engine noise delete thing worked well and helped a lot, but there's a point still where it just starts to sound bad. Since it's pretty cheap on the materials side, I think a few hours of work might get it done, so for a few hundred bucks sounds like a decent deal to me.

The thing I dislike the most, probably, is just how dark it is inside. Sometimes it's nice but man, do you feel isolated from the outside.

And I'm at a shade under 1500 miles and planning on trying to get my first oil change soon. I'm not optimistic it's going to go well. I spent about 8 hours doing a new car detail to get the paint in better shape (it was *awful* from the dealer) and even if they do the mechanical work right, I'm worried they''ll not notice the huge DO NOT WASH sign on my mirror and it'll come back lookin' like the Milky Way.

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Well to be fair to my dealer, they just didn't have the correct oil or filter on hand. I had my FR-S there for years and they always did good work so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I had some similar experiences when I got my FR-S as a first model year vehicle. The dealers will get caught up and get their guys trained eventually.

If you do your first Toyota Care service, don't look at what your bill would be haha. The cost of the oil change was a shocker. It may make you want to do it yourself anyway...
What price did they quote you?

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
Mines just over two weeks old and I'm loving it, I've come from a GT86 which was boosted but nowhere near the performance of the supra, no rattles to report yet, but if they do appear I've still got loads of sticky back felt which worked on the 86s rattles n squeaks. Only another 1050 until run in,btw the first week it was being ceramic coated and we were also adding bits of wrap and pinstripes.

Mehster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
What price did they quote you?
IMG_2313(Edited).jpg

This was all free with the Toyota Care, but I think this would be what someone would pay off the street.

I think I recall paying about $90'ish for my oil changes in my FR-S at the dealer. $90 just labor to empty some oil and pour new oil in seems pretty high... I'll have to check what the actual procedure is and haven't looked into it yet.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
IMG_2313(Edited).jpg

This was all free with the Toyota Care, but I think this would be what someone would pay off the street.

I think I recall paying about $90'ish for my oil changes in my FR-S at the dealer. $90 just labor to empty some oil and pour new oil in seems pretty high... I'll have to check what the actual procedure is and haven't looked into it yet.
I wonder what BMW charges for the Z4?

On a positive note, $164 is still less then half of a Cayman oil change. lol.