45th Anniversary model, Mikan (orange) group thoughts

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
That's a fairly good procedure, although I would add/change a few things.
1. Replace the blurry shots with those that are more in focus.
2. Add some close-up shots.
3. Number the steps for convenient referencing.
Sag es den Deutschen.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MZero1

MZero1

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Anniversary Edition (Absolute Zero)(auto)
Finally! An official member now as I picked up a "used" 2024 Anniversary Edition (Absolute Zero) yesterday. After passing on the orange with MT and kicking myself, and waiting over six months on a waitlist with no movement, I found one locally pre-owned certified and snagged it. I'm so jazzed and nauseous at the same time. What an amazing car!!! Will post pics later. Thanks for everyone's input and support.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Finally! An official member now as I picked up a "used" 2024 Anniversary Edition (Absolute Zero) yesterday. After passing on the orange with MT and kicking myself, and waiting over six months on a waitlist with no movement, I found one locally pre-owned certified and snagged it. I'm so jazzed and nauseous at the same time. What an amazing car!!! Will post pics later. Thanks for everyone's input and support.
Congrats! How many miles are on it? Was there any info about the break-in miles? Check the diff to ensure there are no leaks.

OP
OP
MZero1

MZero1

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you! It had 19 miles on it prior to my test drive. Drove it home in heavy traffic and then wifey and I took it out for a spin later last night. I have not checked for a leak but now that it's sitting in my garage I will check for it. Thanks for reminding me! Supposedly, as the story was told to me, the car arrived at the dealership new, the GM/owner drove it with intentions to buy it for himself, but thought differently (too small) and decided to sale it. Does anyone know what the mileage should be where it is considered "used" and can't sell it as new in CA?

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Thank you! It had 19 miles on it prior to my test drive. Drove it home in heavy traffic and then wifey and I took it out for a spin later last night. I have not checked for a leak but now that it's sitting in my garage I will check for it. Thanks for reminding me! Supposedly, as the story was told to me, the car arrived at the dealership new, the GM/owner drove it with intentions to buy it for himself, but thought differently (too small) and decided to sale it. Does anyone know what the mileage should be where it is considered "used" and can't sell it as new in CA?
"California considers any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time of purchase or trade by a California resident or business, to be a new vehicle. This is true whether or not the vehicle has been registered in another state."

This strikes me as very odd, but it comes from dmv.ca.gov.

OP
OP
MZero1

MZero1

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey thank you for that information. Since there is no "cooling off" period, I'll just hope that there are no issues with the car down the road. I try to keep my faith in humanity as intact as possible. Interesting...

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Especially due to being "certified used" - you've got the warranty to deal with anything you find. With that few miles on it, there's no more risk of leaks, oil consumption, etc. than there would be with a brand new delivery... not enough miles to tell anyway.

Just check it well before you begin voiding that warranty. ;)

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I personally think the orange is amazing! Different than the norm and the color really pops. The side decal ... well.

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
I personally think the orange is amazing! Different than the norm and the color really pops. The side decal ... well.
I agree, if I would have been able to find one with no ADM and got a better trade on my car I would have loved to have gone with one. Just couldn't pass up on the deal I found though as it saved me almost 20k and would hardly say the was broken in yet with a hair over 5k on the odometer.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Finally got my 45th in a couple of days ago. Traded in my 2020 matrix grey c8 after a couple years of fun. My brother and father talked me into it and I must say that I'm pretty impressed. They to have supras.
wait......... this is awesome wtf. wtf? THIS IS AWESOME

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Would love to see one of these in the flesh, yet to see one that actually looks orange and not red in a photo. Not sure this model even came to the UK.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
Here’s my car next to a darker orange wrapped E30 and parked next to my Melbourne Red M4 CS as well as directly in the sunlight in the mid afternoon.

In only certain lighting does it ever look reddish, but in practice, the car is truly orange, just a medium orange

IMG_2165_jpg.jpeg
IMG_2209_jpg.jpeg
IMG_2218_jpg.jpeg
IMG_2220_jpg.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: