Replacement wings for 45th anniversary edition?

CWO5805

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Milan Blast Manual
Yes but with one caveat, make that 2. California and snow. California the nanny state for emissions and basically we don't have snow here unless you are mad enough go searching for it.
Seriously though I'm amazed by the aftermarket industry in the US. If you can dream up a car project to do then guaranteed someone there will make the stuff to do it.

Phil
Although….. you guys have/had Holden.
Sponsored

Suprachu

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 45th Anniversary Edition MT Supra
The Voltex 12.5 looks like it might have similar bolting areas? I think at least if the OEM wing covers the aftermarket mount holes we should be okay too?

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
I don’t know if I would say Australia is the lucky country when it comes to the car enthusiast market…..gas prices alone….
Of course we are, our comprehensive car insurance policy is simple and fairly transparent, most insurer cover modded parts as well

We don’t have the ‘pay above msrp’ thing like in the US…

Gas price is cheaper than Japan, Singapore and HK and many parts of Europe.

Not to mention 'Track mode' is legal in all states here

Track mode and the law explained (msn.com)

Last edited:

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
Let me introduce you to the Adro AT-R A90.

Snapseed 9.jpg
I like the wing but the issue I am seeing now (from the photo right here) is the wing sits outside the footprint of the car which can cause a safety issue in the eyes of the law (which is fair consider if you spun your car onto a person (pedestrian or rider), the rear part of the wing is now like an axe slicing through air

Depending on the individual cop, the hard nose ones can issue a defect and you have nothing to fall back onto because the design goes against the ADR. The only way out is if you or Adro can obtain an engineering certificate. to clear it. Again, I really wish this is a non-issue, but I have come across people getting defect notice on body kits.

Federal Register of Legislation - Vehicle Standard (Australian Design Rule 92/00 – External Projections) 2018

Last edited:

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
I like the wing but the issue I am seeing now (from the photo right here) is the wing sits outside the footprint of the car which can cause a safety issue in the eyes of the law (which is fair consider if you spun your car onto a person (pedestrian or rider), the rear part of the wing is now like an axe slicing through air

Depending on the individual cop, the hard nose ones can issue a defect and you have nothing to fall back onto because the design goes against the ADR. The only way out is if you or Adro can obtain an engineering certificate. to clear it. Again, I really wish this is a non-issue, but I have come across people getting defect notice on body kits.

Federal Register of Legislation - Vehicle Standard (Australian Design Rule 92/00 – External Projections) 2018
Well it doesn't sit outside the body line width wise but it "may" at the back. I'd need to drop a plumb bob from the wing aft edge to see if it projects beyond the rear of the car. I'm guessing you are from Adelaide? Thats the place where if you fit a std Monaro bonnet to a VX or VS Commodore the cops defect you because although it's a std bonnet and a bolt on fit it's not the bonnet the car was sold with. Total wankers. My SIL is a cop here in Victoria and believe me they don't have the time to be arsing around with shit like whether or not a wing on a $100,000 car is slightly outside the bodyline of the car. They haven't got the member numbers to even get a patrol van out in most suburbs.

Phil

Last edited:

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.

As I have gotten older I have found that giving slightly less than a fuck does wonders for these sorts of issues. 💁‍♂️

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
It was like $1,800 for all the dynocarbon pieces:

front splitter
Side skirts
Rear diffuser
Duckbill spoiler
Mirror caps
Roof
Roof rails

I’m super happy with it. To do all of that in actual carbon fiber, with labor for install, especially the roof which is suuuuuper spendy, it would’ve come close to $10k. I get the look I want, with none of the maintenance of actual Carbon fiber, the matching of a full carbon set instead of a mish mash of weaves from different companies, and the added protection, self healing properties and hydrophobicity of PPF for a fraction of the price. The only things I don’t get are the weight savings of real CF (but let’s be real, how much weight would I actually be saving) and the ability to tell people it’s real CF which I don’t care about. It’s a street car at the end of the day. 10/10 would do again.
Thats not bad, with 1800 you would only get the rear diffuser with some stickers lol

I agree for a street car weight savings isnt really beneficial. Its more of a flex at this point having real CF, but honestly I not out here to impress others of my wealth. I would feel much happier that I saved a lot of money.

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
Slightly off topic, I'm taking delivery any day now of my 45th. I don't like the side decal. I want to take it off, but I cant really find any info on doing so. How removable does it look? I found general advice on using a hair dryer and goo gone to remove decals. Does that....look like it would work? I'm naturally worried about damaging the paint of my brand new car :)

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
...and the Ford Falcon, and the Barra motor.
My son has a Falcon XR6 with a Barra engine. BMW copied it to create the B58. Very hush, hush business, don't mention it to anyone else.

Phil

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
Well it doesn't sit outside the body line width wise but it "may" at the back. I'd need to drop a plumb bob from the wing aft edge to see if it projects beyond the rear of the car. I'm guessing you are from Adelaide? Thats the place where if you fit a std Monaro bonnet to a VX or VS Commodore the cops defect you because although it's a std bonnet and a bolt on fit it's not the bonnet the car was sold with. Total wankers. My SIL is a cop here in Victoria and believe me they don't have the time to be arsing around with shit like whether or not a wing on a $100,000 car is slightly outside the bodyline of the car. They haven't got the member numbers to even get a patrol van out in most suburbs.

Phil
I am from NSW and yes I know people got defected for a wing.

I am just giving a heads up to BMWAF should he get harassed by the law enforcement. Nothing hard to clear, just take it off and put it on afterwards.

NSW cops are normally fairly lenient on mods...these days it's the RMS that's working hard on cracking down on exhaust noise.

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
As I have gotten older I have found that giving slightly less than a fuck does wonders for these sorts of issues. 💁‍♂️
You may not give a fuck but you still have to deal with one when handed one. If you got ping just take it off to clear and put it back on afterwards, not hard

Last edited:

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
+1 for Stek carbon PPF. This is what is on my roof. I’d only consider ditching the spoiler if you can’t stand the style.

_Z7A4382.png

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
Slightly off topic, I'm taking delivery any day now of my 45th. I don't like the side decal. I want to take it off, but I cant really find any info on doing so. How removable does it look? I found general advice on using a hair dryer and goo gone to remove decals. Does that....look like it would work? I'm naturally worried about damaging the paint of my brand new car :)
I'll answer my own question. Finally got the car on Saturday. Took the side decal off when I got home. Was very easy to remove. Heated the edge up a little bit and then it just pulled right off with steady pressure. No residue or anything.

20240302_164232.jpg

20240302_163816.jpg
Sponsored