Stealership back at it, Used, 45th anniversary AT.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
lol just saw this posted on the Supra subreddit for a NISMO Z in LA
IMG_0191.png
Guess if you can afford 50% taxes to live there, you can afford thisā€¦. To me, thatā€™s just NUTZ šŸ„œ

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
lol just saw this posted on the Supra subreddit for a NISMO Z in LA
IMG_0191.png
If you spend this much on a Z instead of a 911 you are officially the dumbest person on the face of the earth and I would say that to your face. Hell, if you spent this much on a Supra you are the second dumbest person on the face of the earth.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Guess if you can afford 50% taxes to live there, you can afford thisā€¦. To me, thatā€™s just NUTZ šŸ„œ
Serious question. Do you just make up wildly inaccurate things about California or do you truly believe these things?

California has up to 13% income tax. Los Angeles has 9.5% sales tax and 1.25% property tax.

Where is the 50%?

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
If you spend this much on a Z instead of a 911 you are officially the dumbest person on the face of the earth and I would say that to your face. Hell, if you spent this much on a Supra you are the second dumbest person on the face of the earth.
Hell I think some who buys one at MSRP isnā€™t that bright considering the premium over the standard model and now proximity to the M2. Paying double, just get a GTR if you have to have a Nissan

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Serious question. Do you just make up wildly inaccurate things about California or do you truly believe these things?

California has up to 13% income tax. Los Angeles has 9.5% sales tax and 1.25% property tax.

Where is the 50%?
Of course generally speaking. I rarely deal absolutes. Especially since Iā€™m not in the engineering field. Beautiful State by all means but their the cost of living index is in the top 5, consumer price index top 5, and also in the top 5 for tax burden.

https://taxfoundation.org/data/all/state/tax-burden-by-state-2022

The amount you take home from every dollar made in income when you make say over $300,000 will vary significantly due to differences in state tax rates. Some examples:
From GPT-4 above when asked how much you take home from each dollar made. Soā€¦. I doubt a MRSP car with that kind of add on would even be considered in places where you can barely get people use to paying $5k over MRSP (thatā€™s just an example too šŸ˜‰). Definitely just my opinions. People can pay for whatever they want and live where they want. I totally dig that!

That sticker is more mind blowing šŸ¤Æ to some than others for sure. And urban living cost more than rural. I doubt that would fly in Montgomery Alabama as well - but ya never know. Someone could win a scratch off and say hotttttt damnnnnn!!!! Iā€™ll take it šŸ˜‚ - Just imagining how the hell some dealer got that idea in their head to put that crazy arse phat sticker on there. I would also think it would hurt their future business just by being douchebags. But thatā€™s a guess tooā€¦.

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Of course generally speaking. I rarely deal absolutes. Especially since Iā€™m not in the engineering field. Beautiful State by all means but their the cost of living index is in the top 5, consumer price index top 5, and also in the top 5 for tax burden.

https://taxfoundation.org/data/all/state/tax-burden-by-state-2022

The amount you take home from every dollar made in income when you make say over $300,000 will vary significantly due to differences in state tax rates. Some examples:
From GPT-4 above when asked how much you take home from each dollar made. Soā€¦. I doubt a MRSP car with that kind of add on would even be considered in places where you can barely get people use to paying $5k over MRSP (thatā€™s just an example too šŸ˜‰). Definitely just my opinions. People can pay for whatever they want and live where they want. I totally dig that!

That sticker is more mind blowing šŸ¤Æ to some of us than others for sure!
Uhhh... I'm ignoring the fact you used ChatGPT to get "facts' but.... you are taking Federal income tax into the equation, which literally everyone has to pay.

Also in that equation, it's using the highest 37% federal income tax rate which only applies to people making $578,126 or more a year, which is 1.8% of the United States population. Only 13% of California makes over $200k/yr.

I see the red mist is thick again.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Uhhh... I'm ignoring the fact you used ChatGPT to get "facts' but.... you are taking Federal income tax into the equation, which literally everyone has to pay.

Also in that equation, it's using the highest 37% federal income tax rate which only applies to people making $578,126 or more a year, which is 1.8% of the United States population. Only 13% of California makes over $200k/yr.

I see the red mist is thick again.
Yeah itā€˜s probably cheaper than Iā€™m imagining. And has nothing to do with that after market sticker is insane anywhere.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Yeah it has nothing to do with it. That after market sticker is insane anywhere.
I love how every time you state something completely fictional about California and I call you out on it, you act like nothing happened.

That Florida swamp propaganda must be some strong shit.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
I love how every time you state something completely fictional about California and I call you out on it, you act like nothing happened.

That Florida swamp propaganda must be some strong shit.
People also fail to realize if you think it's hard being poor in California, wait till you see how hard it is in the deep red states where they still have fed min wage šŸ˜³

There's a reason California weather attracts so many, and you have to pay to play
I'll take my 72 degree sunny December 22nd in the bay over 110 Texas heat with 90% humidity and bugs any day

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think MSRP sticker cars are good anywhere and everywhere. CA is way better weather wise no doubt. Not wanting to pay more for anything is definitely a personal choice. Facts of cost of living, anyone can look up on their own. Itā€™s not an attack on anyone, lol. Itā€™s even in my disclaimer šŸ˜‚

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI

Where is the 50%?
~ annual registration fees (plates) based on the value of your car adds up quickly as well... from what I hear.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I think MSRP sticker cars are good anywhere and everywhere. CA is way better weather wise no doubt. Not wanting to pay more for anything is definitely a personal choice. Facts of cost of living, anyone can look up on their own. Itā€™s not an attack on anyone, lol. Itā€™s even in my disclaimer šŸ˜‚
Itā€™s not a personal attack, we all know that, but your MO where you constantly state falsehoods then go silent or dismissive when you get called out on it with actual facts is really basic.

Itā€™s basically like stating something fictional and when someone corrects you with facts you say the most used dismissive statementā€¦ ā€œwell, it is what it isā€ so you donā€™t have to own up to your own BS.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Just for pointless pedantry since this thread seems to have run it's course...

I don't know about all the California specifics... but I know you have slightly higher sales tax, property tax, state corporate income tax, etc. than we do here in Nevada - and I could get pretty close to 50% here depending on the year (and no, I don't make anything close to $500K a year).

If income tax alone is the qualifier, then I don't think any state would put you over 50% in that single metric unless you're well into the millions in income - in which case you just create a number of shelters and foundations so you don't have to pay any taxes at all! :p

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Just for pointless pedantry since this thread seems to have run it's course...

I don't know about all the California specifics... but I know you have slightly higher sales tax, property tax, state corporate income tax, etc. than we do here in Nevada - and I could get pretty close to 50% here depending on the year (and no, I don't make anything close to $500K a year).

If income tax alone is the qualifier, then I don't think any state would put you over 50% in that single metric unless you're well into the millions in income - in which case you just create a number of shelters and foundations so you don't have to pay any taxes at all! :p
California also has more than 4 cities where people live and not a complete desert like Nevada
Take away gambling and Nevada is about as liveable as New Mexico
Sponsored