Sponsored

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
I wonder if/when someone will produce aftermarket paint match badges.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 M4 CS, ā€˜24 GR Supra 45th LE

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Buying a car as an investment is almost always a losing proposition. Having said this, if you want to maximise your return I would wager the following will be most sought after in the years to come:
  • Low miles/kms.
  • Full maintenance records with receipts.
  • Perfect condition inside and out.
  • No modifications: stock everything.
  • Highest trim available - engine and mod cons.
  • Manual transmission.
When looking for an older (classic) car, these are the most sought after traits, no?

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It will be your car to do whatever you wish. I also find it a bit cheesy, but I also donā€™t mind it. Once I saw it in person ready to drive home on the first day, I just didnā€™t care anymore.

Years ago I had a ā€˜98 Grand Prix GTP Daytona 500 Pace Car. Mine was #1321/1500 and 1/200 with a sunroof. Everyone thought the exterior decals were cheesy too. Many owners removed their decals, others like me kept them. But the car was like ours, unique exterior color, unique wheel finish, and we also get a unique spoiler.

Now 25 years on, it doesnā€™t matter. The cars arenā€™t special or worth much. But the following year that special color was available for the entire line anyway.

Im okay enough with mine that at least for now, Iā€™m leaving them on the car - because itā€™s cold outside. If it were warm out, I probably would have already peeled them off. But I fully believe that as soon as I mount my future Advan Racing GTā€™s on it, the decals will come right off.

Last edited:

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
My black decal is covered with PPF, and I think it looks great.

Supra Driveway Side.jpg
Did you ever check to see if the wing was removable like if there was any visible bolts or screws from inside the trunk

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, the wing has screws and bolts. Itā€™s an adjustable wing so itā€™s multiple pieces.

yes itā€™s removable.

I donā€™t know why you would remove a wing on something that already has a wing on it because now you have holes you need to fill.

If anything, Iā€™m expecting aftermarket TALLER spoiler legs to really turn it into a proper tall wing.

Every other model of the Supra comes without a wing donā€™t get the anniversary edition if you donā€™t want a wing.

Last edited:

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Did you ever check to see if the wing was removable like if there was any visible bolts or screws from inside the trunk
I agree with Daniela, regarding how the spoiler is mounted. See photos. It looks like the cover needs to be removed, somehow before you can access the mounting hardware.

Rear spoiler attachment.jpg

Underneath rear spoiler.jpg

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, the wing has screws and bolts. Itā€™s an adjustable wing so itā€™s multiple pieces.

yes itā€™s removable.

I donā€™t know why you would remove a wing on something that already has a wing on it because now you have holes you need to fill.

If anything, Iā€™m expecting aftermarket TALLER spoiler legs to really turn it into a proper tall wing.

Every other model of car comes without a wing donā€™t get the anniversary edition if you donā€™t want a wing.
I think you answered your own question. ;) BigBoss may want to install a different type of spoiler, using the same mounting holes.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
I think you answered your own question. ;) BigBoss may want to install a different type of spoiler, using the same mounting holes.
Exactly! I have seen aftermarket wing that look just like this oem style but in carbon fiber, so i was wondering if it would be possible to remove this and replace using the same mountings. Thank you for showing us the trunk from the other side dave.šŸ‘šŸ½

And thank you daniel for your obvious blind assumptions.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Really? Which wings? I would be surprised that something exists for these already since as far as I know I was the first forum member that physically had a 45th in their driveway and that was just three weeks ago.

damn now you have me excited, @Bigboss!

Last edited:

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Exactly! I have seen aftermarket wing that look just like this oem style but in carbon fiber, so i was wondering if it would be possible to remove this and replace using the same mountings. Thank you for showing us the trunk from the other side dave.šŸ‘šŸ½

And thank you daniel for your obvious blind assumptions.
An option would be to have it wrapped in carbon fiber-like film. That's what I had done with the side skirts to match the side mirrors.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I agree with Daniela, regarding how the spoiler is mounted. See photos. It looks like the cover needs to be removed, somehow before you can access the mounting hardware.

Rear spoiler attachment.jpg

Underneath rear spoiler.jpg
I dont think the underside cover is easily removable. All aftermarket gt wings including the the adro one asks to drill through it or cut it.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I dont think the underside cover is easily removable. All aftermarket gt wings including the the adro one asks to drill through it or cut it.
The one thing I miss the most is a factory assembly manual. They used to sell these for older cars, as well as they did factory service manuals, many years ago. The way I look at it is that if the components were assembled with snap-fits or pins/screws (and not adhesive), then they should be able to be disassembled. None of us likes to break things when experimenting, so it may be a while before we know exactly how these plastic parts can be removed.
Sponsored