45th Anniversary Question. How easily removable is the wing?

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
Question for those few of you who have taken delivery of a 45th anniversary edition. How easy does it seem it would be to remove the wing, or at least reuse the mount points for a different wing?

I'm shopping for a MT Supra right now and I would prefer a regular 3.0 premium. But, it seems like most of the cars being allocated are anniversary editions. Some are even marked down closer to the premium price, but I really don't like the wing. Thoughts? Thanks!
Sponsored

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
There is likely studs attached so you’ll have some holes to plug/fill.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
The A91s are normally the first one released. The A90 will be out soon Jan and then the A91s will be the hard ones to find. Wait if that is really what you want

OP
OP
kungfujedis

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
The A91s are normally the first one released. The A90 will be out soon Jan and then the A91s will be the hard ones to find. Wait if that is really what you want
Yeah, I'm willing to be patient, though I do see stories on here about people still waiting after a year. It would be a lot easier to just settle in for a long wait if I could be 'guaranteed' I would eventually get exactly what I want.

OP
OP
kungfujedis

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
There is likely studs attached so you’ll have some holes to plug/fill.
I asssumed it would be something like that, though I would like more specifics. Even just a close up picture of the wing attachment to the trunk would help.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I'd recommend taking whatever they can get as long as OP is OK within reason on the spoiler thing since we are talking about MT here. Most places have long waitlists and/or big markups for MT so I wouldn't recommend being picky. If this was about an AT, then I'd agree waiting should be fine given they are a lot easier to get a hold of right now.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
Yeah, I'm willing to be patient, though I do see stories on here about people still waiting after a year. It would be a lot easier to just settle in for a long wait if I could be 'guaranteed' I would eventually get exactly what I want.
most of the people waiting a long time are the people who put deposits on random dealers that don’t get many or the “got to be MSRP” people who flock to dealers that everybody else flocks to to save a few grand. I paid 5.5k over MSRP and I found one and picked it up within two days about 100 miles away for a 23 A91 MT. I have now had it for a year and the next model year cost MSRP what I paid so if I had been penny wise it would have cost me many pounds and a year of my life. Yes many dealer were asking 15k over back then but they listened to offers.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
I didn’t like the spoiler. Until I saw my car in person.

i fucking love it, and it will literally be no time until someone makes a middle adapter to make the 45th spoiler properly tall.

IMG_0948_jpg.jpeg

OP
OP
kungfujedis

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
I didn’t like the spoiler. Until I saw my car in person.

i fucking love it, and it will literally be no time until someone makes a middle adapter to make the 45th spoiler properly tall.

IMG_0948_jpg.jpeg
Yeah, I do wonder if I would like it more in person. Same with the orange, which I don't like in the toyota.com pictures. But, it looks better in your picture. Looks much more red.

Since you've got one, what does the mount look like?

Sgtfluffy16

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 45th anniversary edition

Jnhalstead

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra