Strangest Situation Supra Ownership

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
How many miles on the car? I've never had that happen in this car, but in an old Honda Accord Coupe there was a magical little spot on the 2-3 shift action where it seemed to hit a wall. Was really annoying.
5500km, so ~3400 miles I think the math works out to.

I can't reliably re-create it whenever I want. Just very occasionally while doing a WOT pull, I'll find that spot/wall going from 2-3. I feel like it's more prone to happening when the TC kicks in, but that could also just be me looking for problems where they don't exist.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MoTeC_R

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
This happens to me periodically as well. When I first got my car, I opened it up a little getting on a freeway ramp, and the alarm went off. With all the red flashing lights as well. It scared the shit out of me, and I thought it had an immobilizer device from the dealership, from going past a certain speed. I pulled over and got out and turned my car off and on and then replaced my shorts loll. Just not sure what happened, I may have hit the key in my pocket or maybe not, I don't know 😕
It freaked me out also, I was like WTF? I had the stereo up loud since I was at cruising speed and I only noticed the flashing lights at 1st. Tried the remote no luck. Even would still go off when I got out and back in to start. I had to get out then lock and unlock to reset it. I was expecting it to happen again and need service but the tech told me it probably won’t ever happen again and it hasn’t. Been about 6 months ago when it happened and 5k miles.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
5500km, so ~3400 miles I think the math works out to.
Shift linkage & synchros don't start to really feel good until 5,000-7,500 miles, so keep driving and shifting as much as you can. It'll get better.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
About 6 months into ownership the folding mirrors would not unfold..
Stayed that way for about a week, then decided to work again…
Never a problem since..

Steve

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I just had something happen a couple hours ago that I've never seen before...I was washing the car in the driveway with the key in my pocket. As I was rinsing the passenger door, the water splashing on the door handle was triggering the lock/unlock function. I had to relocate the fob further away from the car to prevent it from happening. Interesting..
That happens to me a lot actually.

ApexTheory

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
I just had something happen a couple hours ago that I've never seen before...I was washing the car in the driveway with the key in my pocket. As I was rinsing the passenger door, the water splashing on the door handle was triggering the lock/unlock function. I had to relocate the fob further away from the car to prevent it from happening. Interesting..
Yep, had this happen many times.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Only thing I've never been able to figure out is the Automatic Seat thing is convinced it doesn't know where the seat is but it's never impaled me on the steering wheel or dumped me in the trunk. I wish I could just tell it, "bro, you're cool". But any attempt to reset it fail. I get a little chime every time.

Daemon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra Premium, '15 WRX
Alarm went off immediately when I locked it. Happened a few times.
I had this happen day 1 when I took the car home. At the time I had no clue leaving things plugged into the OBD port triggered the alarm. I thought it was broken 😅

Patar

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Tungsten MK5 Supra (RIP), 2022 Nitro Yellow
The bish slams on the brakes while backing up from a parking spot that's a little bit on an incline. No one there other than pavement. I guess it saw a the ground and got scared.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
A few weeks back I got flashed by someone. Haven't been flashed since I was in my early 20's.

People rubberneck at this car constantly and probably half of my motivation in getting the MT Supra over a new or slightly used Cayman was to draw less attention. I live out in the boonies and I think when most people see this car, it's their first time. So it may as well be a Porsche or whatever other exotic car to them.

I may as well have been in witness protection in the GT350. There are S550 Mustangs all over the place, and most people must have thought I had a vinyl shop put stripes on a V6. Normies know about as much about the Supra as they do the GT350, but the difference is the GT350 looks almost exactly like a common car and the Supra doesn't I guess.

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
Was driving back from a function late at night. Went through the small streets because I just want to enjoy some tunes.

Was passing a park from my city and about to arrive at the light when the sensor for a person In front on of the car went off. The car automatically braked hard. I was scared af cause I could of sworn no one was in front of me. Never knew it even had that warning indicator. Ghost maybe? idk but I jumped back on the freeway and went straight home after xD

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Was driving back from a function late at night. Went through the small streets because I just want to enjoy some tunes.

Was passing a park from my city and about to arrive at the light when the sensor for a person In front on of the car went off. The car automatically braked hard. I was scared af cause I could of sworn no one was in front of me. Never knew it even had that warning indicator. Ghost maybe? idk but I jumped back on the freeway and went straight home after xD
Does this automatic braking stuff exist on the MT cars? Can it be turned off? Seems like a lot of people have problems with it.

A buddy of mine had an F150 that would slam on the brakes about one out of every twenty times you passed a semi. Of course the dealer could never replicate, so he couldn't do anything but trade it.
Sponsored