24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
Yo! Need to lift our game.. the meme's on the Z forum are heaps better.. I know they have more material to work with but still.. 😂

And as a bonus, some are much funnier now knowing what we know!

SupravsZmeme.jpg

SIZmeme4f.jpg
Yes but that Z is ugly as all get out and the Integra is just, dare I say, another Civic.
I have yet to see a new Z on the road. Uuuuuugly!

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
With respect, I've driven an 86 with an automatic transmission and it put me to sleep. I honestly can't imagine why you would want an auto - ever - let alone in a low powered car like one of the twins. And yes, even the Miata was boring as shit.

Wait.. what? I have always daily driven a manual and not once did I start crying about traffic or not being able to daily drive it. Sorry but that's a load of horse shit. The advantage of daily driving a manual is that you get to.. daily drive a manual. No driver who genuinely enjoys driving a manual is going to make out that it is a chore. In fact, even stop start traffic is a non-issue because once you are a manual driver and have formed the muscle memory, the process becomes almost automatic when pottering around - Manual drivers aren't always giving it the beans you know! We enjoy the shifts even when we're not driving the tits off it.

And as for claiming a sports car is trash because it doesn't have adaptive cruise control.. well that's pretty much indefensible, really.

I bUy A sPoRtScAr To LeT tHe CaR ShIFt aLL bY itSeLF.. AnD gIvE iTsElf GaS.

Sorry but.. are you serious? That should be a meme in itself!

I have never tracked a car and care zero for it. I buy a car to get me from A to B with a smile on my face. If an automatic does that for you, power to you.. but please don't use all these lame excuses - aDaPtiVe CrUiSe CoNtrOL - to pretend its somehow the better choice for any type of vehicle.. let alone a sports car!

Other than perhaps pure unadulterated straight line speed, I see no good reason to purchase the MY23+ Supra in its automatic guise.
Well said. But, if you drive this car the way it should be, have fun replacing your clutch every 2 years. Just saying.

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Right? It's a really great car either way. I just choose to drive the faster AT version.😆😆
Additionally, all of the MT folks should really learn paddle shifters. On this car, IMHO, once you master them, it's no different than a MT. Plus you'll have 2 hands on the wheel. 😄

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
space-force-motto-logo-3000.jpg

The USSF is a meme in and of itself.