• No

Votes: 40 71.4%

• Total voters

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Tada reposted a Forbes article on his FB that says there is an NA and TT variant of the car, just FYI. I think that was already posted on here several times, but perhaps a little more interesting that he shared it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Maybe I don't spend enough time staring at wheel shots of ZR1s and Pagani Huayras, those front calipers look very substantial to me.

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Tada reposted a Forbes article on his FB that says there is an NA and TT variant of the car, just FYI. Probably was already posted somewhere here, but perhaps a little more interesting that he shared it.

(I'm not gonna comment further)
Great for those of us not looking for a mini-supercar, but a reasonable upgrade from the GT 86.

Not exactly news though: this was covered in the Forbes Tada interview article of March 20:
"The car you see here looks radical and racy because it’s covered in racing aeroparts. But the road-going version will lose the paintwork, that huge rear wing and diffuser, and those hood vents to start with. It’ll also be fitted with a choice of two engines; a non-turbo straight-6 and a turbocharged straight-6 that will pump out over 400hp. "

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Does bmw even make a NA inline 6 anymore?
Good question - not according to Wikipedia. Would it be feasible for Toyota to take the block from say a B58 and do a NA build from it?

Another point here - even if there is an NA version that goes to production, that doesn't mean we'll see it in North America necessarily - there has been nothing I have seen from Toyota execs stating that it's coming over here.

Last edited:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
yeah, it has been posted a few times; it was more just about Tada reposting that vs the 1000 other interviews he did.

only reason I was throwing it out there is because folks are talking about different tire sizes. as for North America, a normally aspirated version would be odd for the same reasons we covered a ton in regards to a possible 4 cylinder, but as I'm not on that side of things anymore who knows.

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
They look similar to Camry wheels, not a fan. And yes, the fronts look more like 225s than 255s. And yes, the calipers look small for a 400 hp car. Maybe this is the I6-non-turbo version :dunno:

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
NA I6? That is not possible. BMW replaced all NA I6 by FI I4.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
A 3L I6 that made 100hp/L would certainly be an awesome proposition for an NA model. 13:1 compression and a Toyota head with D4-S certainly could do it :p.