• No

Votes: 40 71.4%

• Total voters

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
If you zoom in, it looks like they are only running three lug-nuts on the back wheel.
No. Non. Nein.

Does anyone really think the test engineers are going to do something that egregiously stupid? What you are seeing is just an artifact of the oblique lighting creating shadows.
Sponsored

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Could it be possible that these fake vents be replaced for functional ones in the production model? Or maybe change depending on the trim level.
Short answer: no.

Longer answer: yes, if you really need to provide cooling to the trunk, or maybe those headlights and turn signals throw off a lot of heat.

1) Brake cooling ducts are going to be a lot lower, usually along the side skirts in the rear or right above the splitter in the front.
2) It's a front-engine car. Chance of having any radiators in the rear 1/4 panels is pretty low.

It's possible those vents on the back of the hood could be functional. :dunno: But yeah looks like they're mostly cheesy fake vents.

I don't know why Toyota does this or thinks this looks good. Kept me from buying a 4runner. Oh well.

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
toyota-supra-2017-c174101052018104430_1.jpg

What if this is still a fake panel (the "vent" on the door). You can clearly see that it is a separate part from the door. The only question is why would they need this vent here besides aesthetics?:dunno: Or maybe the race version has these functional and they trickled down as fake vents for the street version. Regardless, I don't think I'd be interested in fake vents. But that's just me.

I agree with Supraman^^. Fake vents and sports car should not be in the same sentence.

Also, these are my favorite rims by far. Anybody know if they are BMW rims? I thought at first they might be the m4 GTS rims, but they look slightly different?

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
Any reason the last 3 replies got deleted?

J90_Dreamer

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Nissan Versa
Man that color is yuck! Break out the plastidip boyssss
So It can flake and peel off in a couple months.

frankly you'd be better off just buying an aftermarket set of wheels.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Tada reposted a Forbes article on his FB that says there is an NA and TT variant of the car, just FYI. I think that was already posted on here several times, but perhaps a little more interesting that he shared it.
Wait? Is there really going to be a NA model?

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
On a different note, and nothing came up when a doing a search for Lexus RC-500, I was surprised to see the similarities between these design features, ex. rear tail lights, "vents" at front near headlights, vents behind the doors,
Sponsored