Supra Star Motorsport Carbon Fiber Hood Vents

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
Would anyone who happens to have these vents would like to sell me their OEM vents? Please shoot me a PM if you're interested in selling. Thanks!
Sponsored

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
2) Does water getting into the hood area cause any concern? This leads to the inner part of the hood, which doesn't have the same protection - is this opening up the possibilites of rust or other issues.
Their product page has a link to this video:

You be the judge. I like those vents but I won’t risk possible damage to the hood.

W4STOY

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Would anyone who happens to have these vents would like to sell me their OEM vents? Please shoot me a PM if you're interested in selling. Thanks!
My front end is getting PPF this week and then the vented covers are going on. I will sell you my OEM"S

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
Their product page has a link to this video:

You be the judge. I like those vents but I won’t risk possible damage to the hood.
To be honest, after looking at the hood, i don't think any damage would occur. The main concern would be rust but between the double layered hood, it looks to be painted. At the very least, all panels should be e-coated. Also, the hood is aluminum as well. Other risk factors would be debris getting inside. I'm sure if you get a can of compressed air and blow through the channel, you can clear out debris.

On that note... if you want to see if the vent is functional, you should blow compressed air through some of those holes on the underside of the hood and see if you can feel air coming out through the vent. Sure its not a thermal test but that should confirm if air is flowing through the vent. Why have we not though of doing this? I better make a youtube video on this!

As for water getting in through the vent and in to the engine bay? That's a possibility but it may just drain in one of the "holes" that lead to the side plastic trim which is where you would want it to go.

My front end is getting PPF this week and then the vented covers are going on. I will sell you my OEM"S
Awesome! Feel free to PM me and we can discuss pricing! Thanks!!

bigcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just got mine installed today, it fits even better than the OE parts, amazing!
(the OE parts leave small gap to put your fingers to remove it, but the Supra Star ones don't need it)

Photo 2021-3-20, 15 02 50.jpg

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Wish they'd make these just black with the screen....

WHY DOES EVERYTHING NEED TO BE CARBON FIBER!!!..?
Everyone seems to love CF. I was with you but now it is starting to grow on me. :)

I have to admit, these look WAY better than stock. The stock ones seem like an afterthought - would have been nice if they were glossy black at least.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
@spta97 ...
I get people like it...but people also take it to the extreme with carbon fiber...

For me it's just a little to "ricer" for my taste....
I went through the ricer phase about 20yrs ago....

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
@spta97 ...
I get people like it...but people also take it to the extreme with carbon fiber...

For me it's just a little to "ricer" for my taste....
I went through the ricer phase about 20yrs ago....
A little of black peel paint and all fixed, peel it off later and then sell it to someone who wants the CF

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem., 2015 Subaru XV, 2003 MINI JCW, 1972 TR6
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone seems to love CF. I was with you but now it is starting to grow on me. :)

I have to admit, these look WAY better than stock. The stock ones seem like an afterthought - would have been nice if they were glossy black at least.
Will blend in with the CF mirror caps, air buffers and rear spoiler. Then I stop. ?

Last edited:

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Refraction 2021 Lexus UX250H
Installed mine yesterday as well. Much better looking than stock. Very happy with them