NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I had a 2015 Type R. I've got to say I thoroughly enjoyed that car. The depreciation on it was gnarly though. The stock exhaust note is amazing. It's better than the majority of after market exhausts that I've heard from other V8s. It was just the right amount of annoying with a deep throaty sound. The drivability was great, but the car felt heavy. I'd say the Supra is the better sports car out of the two, but the F-Type to me just had more soul. You can tell a lot of love went into making the F-Type.

The downside to the car was the tech. I never had any reliability issues with the car. It looked great. I always loved seeing the hood go up. The materials were pretty decent aside from a few plastic pieces. I'm sure you can get 2015s and 2016s with low mileage below $45K easily.

Another negative about the car is that it does not have much after market support. But that all could change soon since it's becoming more and more affordable.

But yeah... that sound... I'm going to miss it.
I totally agree, thats what the F-type has that you loose a little in the Supra... soul, oh man the f-type had soul. Hopefully with some mods I can bring some soul back into the Supra
Sponsored

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Apologies for bumping this topic after over a year, but would appreciate some input from ex F-Type owners who may have moved over to the Supra.

Currently have my F-Type V6S convertible up for sale. Itā€™ll be 10 years old next year and looking for something a little newer and need to be able to get the dog in the boot occasionally. Narrowed my options down to Supra or a >2017 F-Type V6S or V8 coupe.

Love my F-Type, always an event to drive, so much drama and never fails to put a smile on my face on every drive. Gorgeous inside and outside. Reliability could be better.

Had a good test drive on a Supra in the summer. As a BMW fan, I loved the performance, handling and how modern it feels. The huge array of modifications is also very attractive. Should be a lot more reliable too and much lower running costs. Only downsides for me, especially coming from a convertible is how claustrophobic the interior felt. Canā€™t help Iā€™d feel ā€œtrappedā€ on a nice sunny day. It was also far too quiet, but that can be sorted. F-Type is the only weekend car Iā€™ve never felt the need to replace the exhaust for something louder. Also slightly worried that the Supra is more a young manā€™s car and somewhat ā€œboy racerā€ like image. Iā€™m ā€œonlyā€ 42, but would imagine this is going to be a long term car with the way things are going.

Guess the question is, does it feel as special and anyone miss their F-Type? Especially one with the panoramic roof?
Sponsored