KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
From a concept to a true production version, the MKV Supra looks very similar to the FT-1 tbh. I don't know how anyone can't see the resemblance. I am very happy with the end results of the production Supra.
Sponsored

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Next-gen Toyota 86 is coming soon... just curious how will it compete with the Toyota Supra 2.0-liter 4 banger? Also, it will come with a standard manual transmission.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33595275/2022-toyota-86-subaru-brz-greater-details-spied/
I'll tell U how it will turn out: GR86, like GT86 now, will be more sharp, engaging, raw, lightweight experience. Its already more connected than 3.0 Supra and the steering feel cannot be matched with this BMW delivered steering rack. Overall Supra is a bit muted compared to 86, which is truly visceral, like S2000 or old Caymans. The point of this chasis is gettin to speed and then keeping it, its a momentum car, thats what makes it fun, holding it 5k+ RPM in 2nd or 3rd gear, as there is 0 low end and flat mid range. Its also more playful and communicative and willing to slide. What holds this car is its engine with anemic mid range. Ask me how I know ;) So 90% of the reviews as a fun, engaging car will prefer GR86 while biggest + for the 2.0 Supra will be engine, mid range acceleration and overall refinement. Also, 2.0 will be probably faster on any track, including technical ones.

GR86 - fun, raw, sharp, unrefined, manual (that may change due to manual supposedly comming to 2.0 Supra too)
2.0 Supra - middleground, needs finish touches like oil cooler, stiffer suspension, proper LSD, maybe 300hp mod.
3.0 Supra - serious sports car, another dimension of speed, while a bit too heavy for my taste. Still imo its best sports car form this "new" era of 1500kg+ coupes we have nowadays.

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll tell U how it will turn out: GR86, like GT86 now, will be more sharp, engaging, raw, lightweight experience. Its already more connected than 3.0 Supra and the steering feel cannot be matched with this BMW delivered steering rack. Overall Supra is a bit muted compared to 86, which is truly visceral, like S2000 or old Caymans. The point of this chasis is gettin to speed and then keeping it, its a momentum car, thats what makes it fun, holding it 5k+ RPM in 2nd or 3rd gear, as there is 0 low end and flat mid range. Its also more playful and communicative and willing to slide. What holds this car is its engine with anemic mid range. Ask me how I know ;) So 90% of the reviews as a fun, engaging car will prefer GR86 while biggest + for the 2.0 Supra will be engine, mid range acceleration and overall refinement. Also, 2.0 will be probably faster on any track, including technical ones.

GR86 - fun, raw, sharp, unrefined, manual (that may change due to manual supposedly comming to 2.0 Supra too)
2.0 Supra - middleground, needs finish touches like oil cooler, stiffer suspension, proper LSD, maybe 300hp mod.
3.0 Supra - serious sports car, another dimension of speed, while a bit too heavy for my taste. Still imo its best sports car form this "new" era of 1500kg+ coupes we have nowadays.
Rumors have been saying that the upcoming 2021 GR86 will receive a new NA 2.4-liter engine. Finally, more power. But it still won’t be turbocharged. I believe Toyota wouldn’t allow the GR86 to be more powerful than the Supra. Besides, they cater to different markets and age groups. Maybe the younger ones will appreciate the GR86 more, and the Supra is for those more experienced drivers who prefer to enjoy driving on a straight line rather than on twisty roads. Both cars should be fun. The GR86 is more for daily driving whereas the Supra is more for weekend drives.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Rumors have been saying that the upcoming 2021 GR86 will receive a new NA 2.4-liter engine. Finally, more power. But it still won’t be turbocharged. I believe Toyota wouldn’t allow the GR86 to be more powerful than the Supra. Besides, they cater to different markets and age groups. Maybe the younger ones will appreciate the GR86 more, and the Supra is for those more experienced drivers who prefer to enjoy driving on a straight line rather than on twisty roads. Both cars should be fun. The GR86 is more for daily driving whereas the Supra is more for weekend drives.
It will be around 217-220hp, 240-250nm, still 1250kg. I expect 0-100kph around 6s, 0-130 around 9-9.5, 0-200 around 27s, depends on gearing too.
I am the younger twisty road guy so I appreciate what 86 is trying to achieve, a lot. I like this very connected feeling. I would rather say Supra for daily, 86 for a weekend ;) I am driving tunned to 222hp 86 since few years and I wanna swap it for a Supra next year. Manual is tiring in a big city and Supra auto is sooooo good + I will be faster on the track so there is not much regret there. Supra is just much more refined and muted than 86. But I want something bit faster, since low-mid range doesnt exist in 86, something reliable (86 wasnt for me, GR86 is Subaru parts again unfortunately and BMW B58 wont break unless I push it to like 600-700whp, which I wont, its most reliable BMW engine atm), something that sounds better (86 even after exhaust is ok at best) and some nicer interior. + traveling/lazy driving around in a Supra is 10x better experience than in 86.
There are + and - of both cars, as I found out after driving Supra and my 86 extensively back to back. Overall its trading rawness and pure connection for speed and refinement. Still Supra is great enough ;)
Sponsored