Smoking Tire: Supra 3.0 MT vs. Civic Type R

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
I’ve owned both and I’m at 380whp on the ctr and the car isn’t a joke. Made fun of the type r for years for being fwd til I drove one. It’s kinda crazy how it excels far beyond its price point hence why they hold their value so well and sell for way above Msrp new. The supra definitely is pretty to look at and is faster and I’m sure will be a future classic but for some reason I get more excited when I drive the type r. Granted I did have a auto supra that I traded for a manual M2 CS! Waiting for the right time to get a manual supra most likely the last model year
Holy hell u have a M2 CS? How did you get your hands on one- that is a very rare animal. But bravo on having that in your driveway! Around where I'm at its BMW-land and I still have not seen a M2 CS on the road.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Holy hell u have a M2 CS? How did you get your hands on one- that is a very rare animal. But bravo on having that in your driveway! Around where I'm at its BMW-land and I still have not seen a M2 CS on the road.
M2 CS aren’t exactly unicorns. I’m in the market for them and they’re definitely around. There was also one sitting at Perillo BMW for a couple months mid 2022. I was close to pulling the trigger on it, but when I had made a decision it was gone.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Anything not above MSRP is HUGE to me…. Silly personal thing but that makes all the difference in the world. Everything else I buy is at a stated price. I don’t get to the checkout counter at the grocery store only to be told that’s the most exclusive milk in the world and I should pay more.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Anything not above MSRP is HUGE to me…. Silly personal thing but that makes all the difference in the world. Everything else I buy is at a stated price. I don’t get to the checkout counter at the grocery store only to be told that’s the most exclusive milk in the world and I should pay more.
I get that.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
They said it would be the Civic because it would be more useable/practical as a daily car/special . And they said the Supra isn't special enough to have as a 2nd car. (basically just listen to the last 2/3 mins of the video lol)
Allllllllright. As someone with a Supra as a 2nd (well 3rd) car (that doesn't use it as a daily driver) let me say this: The thing gets more attention than any car I've ever owned. Now granted I've never owned a Ferrari or Lambo, but the car is rare enough at least around here that people usually talk to me about it at stoplights and always comment as they walk by when it's parked somewhere. Not just "car people", either. And my car looks 100% stock minus a 0.5in drop. And that's just the looks aspect. The B58 mated to this Toyota-tuned chassis absolutely *is* special.

MVJ1975

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
As someone who currently drives an old FN2 Type R.. while I wait for Toyota to actually get off their ass and build me a Supra.. the new Type R is positively hideous.
Personally, I think the FL5 looks too tame. I loved the looks of the FK8 - it's so overstyled it looks like something the Duchy of Zeon came up with to finally take down Amuro.

The FL5 just looks like a somewhat-spicy Accord. Meh. I'm sure it drives better than the FK8, but it doesn't look better.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Personally, I think the FL5 looks too tame. I loved the looks of the FK8 - it's so overstyled it looks like something the Duchy of Zeon came up with to finally take down Amuro.

The FL5 just looks like a somewhat-spicy Accord. Meh. I'm sure it drives better than the FK8, but it doesn't look better.
Exactly this. I think all the people that liked the FK8's styling will pass on the hate the new one.. and vice-versa.

Faver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2011 Honda CR-Z EX
I think you guys are dunking on practical "sport" too much. I love my Supra, but the thing is I do need a practical car sometimes but I refuse to drive something without fire in it's belly. That's the niche something like a Type R, or any hothatch for that matter, sits. I still wanna go full stupid sometimes even if I'm dropping a relative off at the airport or picking up Ikea furniture.

FK8 > FL5
😤
Sponsored