SupraMKV Interview with Tada-San on 2021 GR Supra

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
So..... should I add braces or not? He just skullf_cked my whole thought process lol
They are $30 from BMW. Install them and see. I will say not one person who has installed those or the Cusco set and also tracks has complained about them that I have read.

I think Tada is full of shit and if I was Toyota, Iā€™d genuinely be trying to limit his exposure to the media. It is like listening to stories from grandpa at this point. They just ramble into whatever is convenient at the time.
Sponsored

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
They are $30 from BMW. Install them and see. I will say not one person who has installed those or the Cusco set and also tracks has complained about them that I have read.

I think Tada is full of shit and if I was Toyota, Iā€™d genuinely be trying to limit his exposure to the media. It is like listening to stories from grandpa at this point. They just ramble into whatever is convenient at the time.
Yeah next time he should say "they weren't left out, they will be on future models" which takes away sales from the current model and violates his NDA.

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Yeah next time he should say "they weren't left out, they will be on future models" which takes away sales from the current model and violates his NDA.
It would have been smarter to say that with the new suspension setup being stiffer, there is more frame stress so that the additional supports provide greater benefit.

Toyota has an army of PR and none of them thought about what to say ahead time on these changes?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
It would have been smarter to say that with the new suspension setup being stiffer, there is more frame stress so that the additional supports provide greater benefit.

Toyota has an army of PR and none of them thought about what to say ahead time on these changes?
Or they he purposely said what he said when they launched the 2020 to sell cars. Now changes the tone to sell the 2021. It's all marketing.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX

And who do you suggest they get for media conferences? It's Tada San or nothing

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
Tada-San doesnā€™t care about 2020 owners!

356CCB5D-FC4B-442B-A40C-6F4CEB5F505F.jpeg

OP
OP
ichitaka05

ichitaka05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
Well if thatā€™s how you feel. Good news for you. Only PR you guys will see & hear in future will be Tomoyama-san. He gonna be far far FAR from all the projects & literally wonā€™t have much detail knowledge to answer other than basic answers. Donā€™t get me wrong, Tomoyama-san is def knowledgable person, but he doesnā€™t have time to learn and understand every GR projects thatā€™s happening & in-depth infos. Because heā€™ll be the PR face of ALL the GR... correction, prob most of the Toyota cars in general will PR by Tomoyama-san.

Iā€™m def gonna be bias and favor Tada-san here. Even this interview, he didnā€™t need to let me know he was gonna be around (visiting his friend) and gave up his personal time to interview him. He even went to local 86/Supra meet talking, signing & taking photos w owners.

Now, there are a lot of things he wish, he can say. Sometimes, he gonna say some weird shit... thatā€™s part of been PR person. He have to say stuff that only upstairs told him to say. But full honesty, his intention isnā€™t to screw any owners or fans.

Take it as fan boi backing Tada-san. lol

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Oh didnā€™t add in the OP, if anyone have feedback of what you like &/or donā€™t like about current Supra, please lmk
Really wish the car had:
1. Tach/RPM gauge plus gear indicator in the heads up display (BMW M cars and GM cars do this really well)
2. Comfort access, once youā€™re used to it itā€™s hard to go back to using a key
3. Just make full black wheels standard. I find the two tone wheels an eye sore and the black wheels make the car look that much more agressive

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
Really wish the car had:
1. Tach/RPM gauge plus gear indicator in the heads up display (BMW M cars and GM cars do this really well)
2. Comfort access, once youā€™re used to it itā€™s hard to go back to using a key
3. Just make full black wheels standard. I find the two tone wheels an eye sore and the black wheels make the car look that much more agressive
I don't understand Toyota's infatuation with two tone wheels on anything with a sports package lately. Looks like something you buy at Pep Boys.

kappa_md

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 GR, Toyota GR Yaris, Honda Civic Type R
Like anything in this world. Even Toyota. It can not please everyone at the same time. Iā€™m just thankful the GR Supra was resurrected. Like the 86, so many negative comments came out initially with the subaru tie-up, but ask any track enthusiasts or car reviews right now, it is still a fordimable sports car for the price. Again itā€™s also not perfect. Toyota wanted ordinary car enthusiasts to enjoy sports car without breaking the bank. No sense in building uber expensive cars when only a few can enjoy and experience.

Always remember, japanese sports cars tend to leave space for you to modify or ā€œtuneā€ with your taste. Thatā€™s why they are usually called ā€œtuner carsā€ German sports cars tend to be built ā€œfinishedā€ with very few modifications needed (notion of german engineering). Supra is still japanese even if built with BMW parts bin. Supraā€™s fame is not becaue it came out great stock from the factory. It continues to be a ā€œtuner carā€ up to now. Expect this same formula from the GR Supra. Tada-san reaches out and listens to the car community. Although not everything we want will happen. It is still in the best interest of the car enthusiasts, consumers and Toyota as a company. Only time can tell. Peace out.

Supra CRNA

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR, 2006 Mitsu Lancer Evo 9 RS
Like anything in this world. Even Toyota. It can not please everyone at the same time. Iā€™m just thankful the GR Supra was resurrected. Like the 86, so many negative comments came out initially with the subaru tie-up, but ask any track enthusiasts or car reviews right now, it is still a fordimable sports car for the price. Again itā€™s also not perfect. Toyota wanted ordinary car enthusiasts to enjoy sports car without breaking the bank. No sense in building uber expensive cars when only a few can enjoy and experience.

Always remember, japanese sports cars tend to leave space for you to modify or ā€œtuneā€ with your taste. Thatā€™s why they are usually called ā€œtuner carsā€ German sports cars tend to be built ā€œfinishedā€ with very few modifications needed (notion of german engineering). Supra is still japanese even if built with BMW parts bin. Supraā€™s fame is not becaue it came out great stock from the factory. It continues to be a ā€œtuner carā€ up to now. Expect this same formula from the GR Supra. Tada-san reaches out and listens to the car community. Although not everything we want will happen. It is still in the best interest of the car enthusiasts, consumers and Toyota as a company. Only time can tell. Peace out.
preach it bro! Ever since I have owned my A90, it has been nothing but fun! It now has a tune, a downpipe and is lowered. I installed all the parts myself so far and this car continues to impress me as I take it apart. Downpipe and springs on the a90 were the easiest installs I have ever done. I kept saying to myself that it really felt like Tada San prepared the car to be tuned and modified. So much space to work and simplicity of design! not to mention reliability
Sponsored