Take a look at the new Supra!!! Full vehicle revealed by Toyota Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
you are correct, the japanese automakers haven't figured out how to make an aggressive offset from the factory.

european cars aside from their sporty wheel offsets from late 90s and 00s, have currently managed to extend out the OEM wheel hubs to help with the flush looked your after.

the extended wheel hubs also make for a tamer looking oem wheel, so the wheel offsets aren't as aggressive as say the E39 M5 or sports pkg with the deep dish, or the e46 M3 Comp Pkg.

I think the rcf and gsf have good fitment, that flush look if I remember.
Sponsored

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
Agreed, it will never be fully flush but some manufacturers have figured it out more than Toyota and Lexus, unfortunately. 991.2 911, C7 Z06, and GT350 to name a few.
AFAIK, tires should be tucked in for better aerodynamics. Flush or even worse poke (which is actually my favorite style lol) really adds quite a bit of drag. (Notice the front bumper extensions on the c7 z06)

Furthermore, some racing bodies (e.g. gridlife) actually require the top of the tire to be within the fender line for safety reasons, rubbing tires can go south in a nasty way lol

So I don't think that some manufacturers "cant" make, rather they wouldn't do it by design.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really hoping it looks better in person/at the dealer than it does in that "leaked" video. I'm still not sold on this thing, but hopeful the official release will change my mind. I have no doubt this car is going to be great all around, even with BMW parts, but it just doesn't give me a Supra successor vibe. I was at Lexus last week and saw the LC500 up close and personal and THAT to me looks more like a modern day Supra than this thing. I know it's comparing apples to oranges, because of price/engine/ whatever, but aesthetically speaking... the LC500 resembles the MKIV more than the MKV.

Go ahead... fight me! :bat::wave:

Agreed 100% on all.

This is a cool car and I'm glad it exists and hope it does well so it can be improved upon. However, it pains me that this the next "Supra" rather than a Celica, GT86 v2 or diet FT-1, etc..

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Also fully loaded I6 1485kg is not THAT bad, FType is 1600+, M2Comp 1600+ also...
Will there be some lighter seats package? Resonable weight buckets like in GT86 + I4 would be maybe in 1400-1450 range :)
Yes, there are racing seats that are only 2way vs the 12way motorized ones, and I believe the HUD and some other things are optional depending on market. That said, the big question is the market vs options.

Might get unlucky in some countries (USA) where you have to downgrade it after buying it to lose weight, which hardly anyone will do...

Either way, those 12way seats alone are likely 50-60lbs each, so. Not sure if passenger is manual vs driver.

palmej1

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 86 860 Special Edition 6MT, 2008 Lexus ISF, 2018 Highlander XLE
I think the rcf and gsf have good fitment, that flush look if I remember.
I do like the GS-F and the old IS-F. I feel the deeper dish of the GS-F wheels help with the flush look. RC-F, not so much.

Daigor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
98 Toyota Supra
If you'd ever had the misfortune of attempting to sit in the rear seats of the mk4, you wouldn't be complaining about losing them. The GT86 rear seats are small, but they can be used in a pinch for small people and children. The mk4 rear seats... not so much. Ok for toddlers and very young children, but you have to be careful behind the power driver seat or you will maim your child.

The 2000gt was a 2 seater... the first Supra.
Speak for yourself SupraFiend! What do you do it you are dating a extremely cute girl and she won't go anywhere without her 2 sisters and you are driving your MKIV Supra??? She tells you if my sisters can't come then I am NOT going. That is how I met my GF of 5 years lol. So with all due respect, I will have to disagree with your post, they are VERY Important!

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Yes, there are racing seats that are only 2way vs the 12way motorized ones, and I believe the HUD and some other things are optional depending on market. That said, the big question is the market vs options.

Might get unlucky in some countries (USA) where you have to downgrade it after buying it to lose weight, which hardly anyone will do...

Either way, those 12way seats alone are likely 50-60lbs each, so. Not sure if passenger is manual vs driver.
Europe here ;) For me losing 50 way adjustable seats for ligter racy suprotive ones is upgreade not down :D
Will see tha final stats, may go 4cyl in a future coz lower weight + tuning it for 300-320hp :) Im weight obsessed after driving 86, Cayman, MX5, S2000... Everything 1500-1600kg+ feels like a boat now :D

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Speak for yourself SupraFiend! What do you do it you are dating a extremely cute girl and she won't go anywhere without her 2 sisters and you are driving your MKIV Supra??? She tells you if my sisters can't come then I am NOT going. That is how I met my GF of 5 years lol. So with all due respect, I will have to disagree with your post, they are VERY Important!
Not sure how to say this another way, but get a different girlfriend.

Gray

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86
I think this is just another sanctioned teaser to stir up reaction on the net prior to launch, or perhaps I need to see the option.

Visually I both like it and hate it and I suspect that is the reaction that Toyota want, to create even more interest pre launch. To me the proportions of the car seem to vary dramatically from shot to shot and these official leaks always seem to be shot with very poor lighting.

As to BMW reliability, in the UK at least I assume Toyota are pretty confident as I would expect they will give the usual 5 year warranty and sensible service prices.

Roll on Monday when all will hopefully become clear.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Is it really hate or is it disappointment? :hmm:
What are people disappointed about? That it doesn't look all that great in a low quality 30 second teaser video. Everyone is just hyperventilating over crappy teasers and rumors specs. I just think the internet needs to chill until we have offical info/pics and more importantly the chance to see and drive it first hand.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.